Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Spindel
Tutor
Tutor

It is infuriatingly slow to get a livestream from phone and computer, it gets stuck on "Connecting..."  when pressing the play symbol. 

If somebody rings my door (and get spotted with my Pro 2, connected with AC so not battery) they will have walked away before I can get a live stream to see who it is. Can I do anything to speed it up? Notification of detected movement is almost instant.

I have good reception and a fast internet connection.

(Android 10 with latest app-update/Chrome on Win10)

37 REPLIES 37
ScottMc1
Guide
Guide
The BBB stepping in and forcing them to straighten up and honor your products that your customers have paid big $$ for.
ScottMc1
Guide
Guide
Arlo will NOT HELP US! We are on our own. I’m asking you all to follow me and file a complaint with the BBB. Then maybe Arlo will Fire the 7 year olds who do the monthly software updates and return the software to its original version.
ScottMc1
Guide
Guide
The latest software version IS THE PROBLEM. You know this Shane, why are you playing dumb?
ScottMc1
Guide
Guide
Customer support will not do anything. The software is purposely designed to be terrible each month. Forcing us to spend $$ on a newer system.
ScottMc1
Guide
Guide
ShayneS stop pretending. You know the design is to get worse each month. I imagine within 2 months your updates will render my Arlo 2 completely useless.
ScottMc1
Guide
Guide
And it’s all on their platform design to make each months software update worse and worse. I too spent big $$ on this. Arlo needs to come clean and fire the children who are screwing us all over.
ScottMc1
Guide
Guide
Same with me. I can now with all honesty state that their positive feedbacks on Amazon are mostly fictitious. A complete waste of money.
tonycap
Star
Star

Alright you so called software developers get your to get!!! Every friggen month you screw something up . I have put in complaints with the BBB and any other form I can find about your screwing your customers around

ScottMc1
Guide
Guide
I’d like to see the “brains” who does their monthly software update. I have the best WiFi and it still lags like a snail trying to wake up from a long winters nap. I hope your BBB complaint wakes them up.
ScottMc1
Guide
Guide
Plus thanks to the latest app update, I no longer can access the “Mode” section to adjust sensitivity. It’s almost like Arlo has limited the app, for what reasons is unknown.
Marlynt
Aspirant
Aspirant

So my less than 1 year old VMB3500 base station refuses to connect to Arlo servers anymore. Weeks working with support, no results, No replacment. System worked great for more than 6 months. Have checked everything they requested. Internet speed, ports open, different routers, different Internet providers. All problems started after simple camera battery replacement.  Base station reset, now no Internet connect to Arlo.  Support no longer responds, chat is hours on hold, just to be dumped for inactivity while they place me on hold checking for solutions.

Was thinking about upgrade to new base station, VMB4000, or 4500, but after reading this am wondering if it's worth it. Cameras are all Pro2, and now I read  this appears as if planed obsolescence? 

They are missing the boat, system should be stand alone (without cloud requirement) with attachment of USB hdd. A simple WiFi application to review recordings from local device storage. 

Sure you loose ability to check from remote Internet connection, but as security-related cameras they would out sell everyone.

To bad they don't understand the requirement.

ScottMc1
Guide
Guide
Try doing what I did. Offline your app, then delete it completely. Then download the app from the App Store again. It solved all the issues that had plagued my system for months.
HAGO73
Aspirant
Aspirant
Easy fix, will save you lots of time and money. Take the arlo product and put it in the trash where it belongs. Easily the worst purchase of my life.
Discussion stats