Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
WTFH
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've got 2 cameras. One of them made its last recording at 20:25 yesterday. The other one is still working fine.

I brought the offline one inside, just in case it was battery (even though it was about 75% yesterday)

Plugged it in and after a while I thought I needed to re-add it to my system, so I deleted it off, then went through the sync process. It's now flashing blue and orange for about 2 mins, then it goes off for about 15 seconds, then repeats the flashing. It's been doing that for about 20 minutes now.

Any thoughts?

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@WTFH wrote:

It's now flashing blue and orange for about 2 mins, then it goes off for about 15 seconds, then repeats the flashing. It's been doing that for about 20 minutes now.

That means the firmware is being updated.  https://kb.arlo.com/642/What-do-the-different-LED-behaviors-on-my-Arlo-camera-mean

Arlo says DO NOT TURN OFF THE CAMERA.

WTFH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, the camera was up to date on its firmware (unless something has just been released overnight). It's still doing the same flashing sequence, so it's over an hour to do the update.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@WTFH wrote:

Thanks, the camera was up to date on its firmware (unless something has just been released overnight). It's still doing the same flashing sequence, so it's over an hour to do the update.

Perhaps one of the mods ( @JamesC ?) will chime in with advice.

Morko
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem, any luck?
My camera was working fine then went offline, tried charging and many other advice, deleted the camera then tried to resync, now the camera cannot be ‘found’ and the lights are a steady blue with orange flashing, I’ve tried removing battery overnight, different ways of resync but like you the blue/orange light persists.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Morko

The LED color you are seeing means the camera is updating its firmware or resetting. Can you try and press the sync button for 15 sec and let the camera reboot before trying to onboard to you App again. 

Morko
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi ShayneS,

Yes I’ve tried that, I’ve tried to sync via the app, and via the base station. The app and base cannot find the camera.
I’ve tried de powering the camera overnight, then using the battery and or charge cable. Same, then after a few times nothing at all, to get the lights flashing again I have to de power the camera and start again.
I’m thinking the firmware update failed in November and now the camera is useless.
I suggest Arlo add to the app and base station a way of confirming whether it is a good time to update the firmware as this seems automatically done, and if any problems during the update this fault will happen.
WTFH
Aspirant
Aspirant

In the end, I contacted support and they sent me a replacement camera, they didn't want the old one back.

I've plugged it in again today, but it's still doing nothing - same flashing blue & orange.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Morko

Have you tried to onboard over the web portal?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation