Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to connect Base Station to the extender?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jotjo18
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an WiFi range extender to allow WiFi service down to another blding on my property. I want to put cameras at the building but don’t know how to connect the Arlo base station to the extender. Need help!!!

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

A wifi extender for the base unit needs to have an Ethernet port.... it will NOT hook in directly via wifi

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jotjo18
Aspirant
Aspirant
Gotcha. THX!!
Yes it is connected by way of an Ethernet and it finally connected!! Now I can’t get the Arlo app to add/locate the base station. Have checked all connections, etc. Any ideas?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs showing? The power and Internet LEDs need to be green and the Camera LED should be off or amber.

Jotjo18
Aspirant
Aspirant
Showing properly … power and internet LED lights are green and camera LED is off. App won’t recognize base station.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is this a new install? Has the base been used before by anyone? If so, they would need to remove it from their account before you could claim it.

Jotjo18
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did use it in the past at my house, I removed the device from my app yesterday and started to add as new device. I have a new internet provider … so deleted the base station from my app and started over. That is where my issue began.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe try reconnecting the base to the router ethernet, and then try adding it. Once it's in the account, you should be able to move the base with no problem.

FWIW, changing your ISP shouldn't have required you to remove/re-add the base.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation