Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Bostonfan49
Tutor
Tutor

2 part question...

(Part 1)  I am under the impression that I can run an Arlo Pro 2 indoors with the supplied power cord. Is this correct? Why else would they give me a power cord????

......If this is correct, then I should be able to run said camera and power cord outdoors and either plug into an outdoor or an indoor receptacle. Is this correct?

(Part 2) Any comments on the following setup? ......."run your Cameras continuously......" ****Trying to upload an Amazon "Wasserstein Weatherproof Outdoor Quick Charge 3.0 Power Adapter.....not sure if this up load will work?

Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Power supply = charger = the white cube that you received in the package.

This charger is for indoor use only.

The USB cable that comes with it is for indoor use only.

There was an outdoor use (black) power supply that came with an integrated USB cable that sealed when plugged into the camera. This was recalled and will hopefully be released soon.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
From what I’ve read the outdoor power cord was recalled after some had problems with moisture getting past the plug into the camera. I don’t believe you would have problems if you can mount cameras in sheltered areas out of direct rain.
Streak2
Master Master
Master

The power cord is also used for charging the battery. When the Pro2 is used indoors you can to leave it attached to the power supply to have access to the enhanced features.

I have no knowledge of the aftermarket power supply you mention.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As a PS to above,

Yes the previous outdoor supply was recalled, a new one is in the works with time unknown for release.... prob soon I would guess.

Using third party devices with Netgear items is usu not a problem as long as your not worried about the warranty.

( Netgear prob will not warranty if used, as not approved by them )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Bostonfan49
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks Streak2,

Confused...First I assume in or out the batteries are in the Arlo even if you are using the power cord, correct? You say "When the Pro 2 is used indoors you can leave it attached to the power supply to have access to the enhanced features" Confused..

if my camera is mounted outside but plugged in to the wall inside with the power cord ( power supply...same thing, yes) then I should have access to all the features, correct? When you say power supply, I am getting confused...

thanks, Bill

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Confused...First I assume in or out the batteries are in the Arlo even if you are using the power cord, correct?

Batteries can be left in the camera or not...they will not overcharge if left in place

I should have access to all the features, correct? When you say power supply

When plugged into ac power ( the indoor OR outdoor supply when released ) the camera can use the extra features like zones/3 sec see backward

Morse is faster than texting!
Bostonfan49
Tutor
Tutor

@TomMac wrote:

Confused...First I assume in or out the batteries are in the Arlo even if you are using the power cord, correct?

Batteries can be left in the camera or not...they will not overcharge if left in place

I should have access to all the features, correct? When you say power supply

When plugged into ac power ( the indoor OR outdoor supply when released )*********So TomMac, you say "OR outdoor supply when realeased" My box came with 1 Power Cable and Adapter, it doesn’t specify indoor or outdoor!??? So I don’t know which I have.....Let’s assume  it’s the inside one. If I mount the camera on a exterior garage wall and run 95+% of the cord on the inside of the garage to an inside electrical outlet, what is wrong with this type installation?

Thanks, Bill

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Power supply = charger = the white cube that you received in the package.

This charger is for indoor use only.

The USB cable that comes with it is for indoor use only.

There was an outdoor use (black) power supply that came with an integrated USB cable that sealed when plugged into the camera. This was recalled and will hopefully be released soon.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation