Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Post snapshots from my Arlo camera to web page

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sjsherratt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would really like to be able to post snapshots from my Arlo camera to a web page.   Very frustrating that it is not possible to ftp snapshots or store them outside of the Arlo cloud.   The only way to share images is for someone to create an account, have me share my devices with their account, then for them to log in.   And the 2 factor authentication is really a pain from a usability perspective.  Not happy with the limited capabilities of the Arlo ecosystem.   I know others have asked for ftp capability.  Is Arlo/Netgear listening?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Prob not going to happen with Arlo due to security reason....

But you may be able to use a third party script of some sort to complete same

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
sjsherratt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have looked for scripts, but haven't found anything that will do what I need.   If Arlo allowed a motion-triggered image to be FTPed to the local network, that would be huge.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've been distributing someone else's Python script to download videos but the need to enable 2FA breaks it due to the lack of computers being trusted. The script won't work with the apps. Even if/when Arlo trusts computers, the script may well need to be modified and I'm not a programmer.

sjsherratt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.   I would be interested in a copy of the referenced scripts.  How can I get a hold of a copy?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

PM me your email address. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation