Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Possible to have one camera armed all the time and other 2 be scheduled only?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kdlandis
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 Arlo Pro 2's. I would like to have one camera on all the time, and my other 2 scheduled. I'm having trouble doing that. Also, on the one I want on all the time, I want push notifications at night but not during the day. How do I set that up? I tried adding custom mode but it seems like when I schedule "hallway at night" it cancels out "entry at night" This is complicated. Also I'm doing the one month free trial right now. But I've been using the free version for 4-6 months. I did the free trial to customize more, but I'm not sure how or if it's possible.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're in the right place. Create a cudtom mode with the various cameras you want active for a particular time period and choose whatever settings you need. Repeast this for as many scenarios as needed. Then use the schedule to automate switching them. Only one mode at a time can be active, hence the need for mutiple modes to cover all eventualities.

kdlandis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  I don't know what you mean by "Only one mode at a time can be active, hence the need for mutiple modes to cover all eventualities."  I thought that's why I should create the different modes, but why can only one be active?

Maybe I should clarify.  Of the 3 cameras, I want driveway and entry to be on from 10pm-6am.  

The 3rd, "hallway" I want on all day, but only send push notifications from 9pm-7am.  I set that up as 2 separate modes.  But when I applied each of them it seems like the entry and driveway modes disappeared.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Using either manual mode selection or the schedule only one mode can be active at any time. Since you have a custom mode, try selecting it and then the Armed mode - selecting another mode turns the first one off.

You have multiple cameras so you have to have as many as needed in each mode. Any camera without a rule is disarmed.  Maybe that's what you mean by "entry and driveway disappeared. Re-edit the mode and add rules for the other cameras. A mode holds rules. Rules are what configures the cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation