Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Possible for someone have access to Base Station if they don't have Arlo login and password?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cad0914
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is it possible for someone who doesn’t have an arlo login and password but does have access to network/base stations/router to access cameras or recordings somehow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Streak2
Master Master
Master

No, unless you are recording to external storage like a USB stick or SD card which can the be attached to a computer and viewed.

The recordings are stored on the cloud not on your network (unless USB/SD as mentioned above) likewise to view the cameras you need a login and password either for the app or for the web interface.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Streak2
Master Master
Master

No, unless you are recording to external storage like a USB stick or SD card which can the be attached to a computer and viewed.

The recordings are stored on the cloud not on your network (unless USB/SD as mentioned above) likewise to view the cameras you need a login and password either for the app or for the web interface.

cad0914
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the reply. There is external storage but this also cannot be accessed unless removed from base and plugged into PC, right?
Streak2
Master Master
Master

See this KB which does a better job than I can

https://kb.arlo.com/1146850/How-do-I-view-videos-saved-on-a-local-storage-USB-device

cad0914
Aspirant
Aspirant
Got it, was just making sure there weren’t any other less obvious ways that maybe I wasn’t aware of. Thanks again for your help!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation