Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Poor night vision with Pro 2 showing gray blob of nothing (see picture)

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
m_valpreda
Aspirant
Aspirant

Installed 4 new cameras this week and find that the night vision is terrible. All 4 are inside and at night one is just a grey blob of nothing - it's pointed at a door about 8 feet away. Another one in the garage is a little better, but certainly not great. The other two are just so-so and focused on windows/sliders/doors about 8-12 feet away.

When there is decent light, they look amazing! Dark is not good and worse than the 3 year old Cleverloop I replaced.

Attached is a picture of what my garage looks like. It's black and pretty much useless.

Is there something I am missing to get better night vision out of these?

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

From that pic, it appears the night vision is off.... Is it toggled on?

if it is on, then toggle off - on a few times making sure it saves each time.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
m_valpreda
Aspirant
Aspirant

That was earlier. This is what it looks like now. Way better, but still confused why it was so poor earlier. It was daytime with the first picture and nighttime now. Maybe the cameras don't do night vision during daytime hours?

m_valpreda
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is another camera. This is the grey blob I mentioned previously.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Regarding the camera that shows the gray blob, do have pinch and zoom applied to mask out any reflections of the infrared LEDs by surfaces next to this camera?
If so then try to reposition the camera so it doesn’t get these reflections.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

For the best night vision, avoid reflection of the IR from bright colored objects...as it tends to wash out the pictures

Morse is faster than texting!
FrednGinger
Aspirant
Aspirant

We bought a second set of 3 cameras, one of them also failed the night time test.  I contacted Arlo Tech Support, sent a copy of a triggered recording and they authorised a replacement camera without any fuss.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation