Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tiger61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you guys please take off the 5 camera viewing limitation? When you pay a monthly fee and have 6 or more cameras we should not have to be tied to the computer in order to toggle between them.  I use these cameras to keep an eye on my dog and need all of them viewable from when he runs from one location to the next. Why do you sell multi packs only for your customers to find they have to pay a monthly fee to use them, then on top of it not be able to view all of them at the same time?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe I don't understand but you can use the app to see more than 5 cameras. I've been doing that for a long time.

Tiger61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do you have more than 5 cameras viewable at the same time? If so, why then so I get a message saying I cannot? When I click on the sixth it tells me only 5 are viewable simultaniously. I called Netgear and they confirmed it is not possible even paying the 10 bucks a month.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Only 5 cameras can stream at one time per base station. I suppose that's a hardware limitation.

ElectronicFur
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm considering buying eight Arlo Pro 2 cameras. Can I get round this limitation by having two base stations? Is there a way to live stream all 8 cameras at once?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

With 2 bases, yes. Of course your upload speed needs to be able to support this amount of data. I'd say a 10Mbps upload speed would be needed although nothing else may be able to upload at the same time.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation