Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

Pixel 3 XL

Latest Arlo application version

Over the last 6 months or so, I've noticed that when opening the app, it'll show, then disappear.  If I either click the app again, it'll come up or if I go to my opened applications and tap it, it'll bring it to the foreground and stay.  I don't know if this is something specific to Pixel's or Android.  It's just getting more frequent it seems where I'll sometimes have to click the app 3x before it'll actually gets focus.  It seems to mainly happen when the application is starting up fresh, or the session has timed out and it needs to have me authenticate again (I use fingerprint).  This isn't an issue that was introduced with a new version or Android update, this has been going on for a while and it's finally starting to become a nuisance.  

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I occasionally notice this on my Pixel 3 XL as well as other devices. I believe, but can't prove, that it's related to the new 2FA (2 factor authentication) feature, regardless of whether it's enabled. The app (and web site) have to accomodate for the feature.

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary
Yeah, this doesn't have anything to do with the actual authentication I don't feel. This is purely an app launch/open issue
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

Google Pixel 3XL

Android 10 w/latest security update

Latest Arlo app version 2.12.3_27015

It's fairly regular when opening the Arlo app, it'll begin to open then disappear/minimize.  If you check open apps carousel, it shows it open and you can click it and it'll bring it to the foreground.  Or, you can press the Arlo icon again to open it and it'll sometimes take 2-3x before it'll remain open and not be sent to the background.  This seems to happen mostly when the app login session has either expired, or the app has been closed out entirely and is being opened fresh.  Maybe it's something to do with the logic of loading the fingerprint sign-in menu window?  Could have something to do with it, but I haven't been able to narrow it down.  It was mentioned in another unrelated thread that others were experiencing this as well, so this thread is to officially track this issue.

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC or @ShayneS would you be able to dig a bit deeper into this one for us all?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sangwinacher,

I've not been able to reproduce this issue. Do you use the app on any other devices? Do they also behave this way?

JamesC

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

I do, on an iPad Pro and it doesn't have any issue, which is like comparing apples to oranges 🙂  Can they look at the phone logs to determine why it's occurring?  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sangwinacher,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation