Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

Our Arlo pro 2 and Arlo cameras are on our cell phone and desk tops. Our phone data ususage has always been within our limit but since installing the cameras our usuage goes over our limit.  I check them on my phone could that be using the data? If I only check them on my desktop will that stop using cell data? We asked verizon and they had no answer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nanlee wrote:

my phone is connected to wifi at home that is why we are so confused it is still using all our data.  Shall I remove arlo from my phone and only check it from my computer?

Have you checked to see the data usage (both wifi and cellular) for the app?  My Android phone will show me that - not sure how to do it on an iphone.

You can leave it on the phone, but stop using it on the phone for a bit.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes.... if not in your home wifi or a hotspot for wifi, you will use your Data via LTE on your phone.

You can use a computer hooked into the intenet for no data usage or only use you phone in a wifi area... then no data usage.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

But it is using my data even at home on wifi, is it because It is on my phone? Sorry I am confused.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nanlee wrote:

But it is using my data even at home on wifi, is it because It is on my phone? Sorry I am confused.

If your phone is actually connected to your WiFi, then it will use WiFi.  If you haven't connected it, then it will use your data plan.

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

Robot Sad my phone is connected to wifi at home that is why we are so confused it is still using all our data.  Shall I remove arlo from my phone and only check it from my computer?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nanlee wrote:

my phone is connected to wifi at home that is why we are so confused it is still using all our data.  Shall I remove arlo from my phone and only check it from my computer?

Have you checked to see the data usage (both wifi and cellular) for the app?  My Android phone will show me that - not sure how to do it on an iphone.

You can leave it on the phone, but stop using it on the phone for a bit.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Or when home on wifi, turn off your data.... It should not be burning yr data if on wifi.

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation