Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mforsyth13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m on holidays and the outdoor Pro 2 camera lasted only 10 days, with not that much time recorded.

Is this unusual in other’s experience?

It is on the best picture quality setting, however it didn’t record much and I consider this to be pretty unacceptable.

I’m still in holiday and don’t have the peace of mind that these cameras are supposed to provide.

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey mforsyth13,

Try to remove the battery from your Arlo Pro 2 camera and re-insert the battery to see if that helps. You can also read here to learn how to extend your camera's battery life: How can I extend my Arlo camera's battery life?

mforsyth13
Aspirant
Aspirant
I ticked all of those boxes in the list. It says the camera should, under normal conditions, be able to record for 5 minutes a day for four to six months, i.e 10-20 hours.

The cameras should be able to last more than ten days of non continuous recording. Fact is, it hasn’t lasted my two week holiday.

I wouldn’t recommend the battery version for those who will be away for longer than ten days, which I would say is normal.

The one in my lounge has lasted, but that sees almost no activity compared to the one in my front yard.
mforsyth13
Aspirant
Aspirant
How many hours would the ‘optimise battery’ video setting add over ‘optimise picture quality’?

In my experience, it is difficult enough to make out a face on the pro 2 with the highest video quality setting both at night from 5 metres and during normal daylight from 5 metres.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Does the signal strength for your camera show full?

You can find the signal strength icon by going to the Arlo app on your phone device or on the web client on your computer and see below your live stream for your camera. Make sure it has three to four bars. If it only has two bars or less, the camera might go out of range intermittently and may potentially drain the battery.

mforsyth13
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks Jessica. I bought a Netgear Orbi Mesh system when I bought the Arlos. It’s got full coverage for the house and cameras have at least three bars.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather information from you regarding this.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation