Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB 4000 - USB recording when internet is re-established

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
VeronikaTMoore
Tutor
Tutor

Just 2 brief questions -

We have VMB4000 and VMB4500 base stations for our 4 Pro 2 Cameras and doorbell.

Have some questions related to USB recording - especially when internet connection is lost and is then recovered.

1. Are audio messages left using the doorbell be saved to USB connected to the base station not just the My Arlo site?

2. If the internet connection is lost and is then re-established are recordings saved to the USB when the internet connection was down copied to the My Arlo site when the connection is re-established or not?

2 REPLIES 2
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@VeronikaTMoore wrote:

Just 2 brief questions -

We have VMB4000 and VMB4500 base stations for our 4 Pro 2 Cameras and doorbell.

Have some questions related to USB recording - especially when internet connection is lost and is then recovered.

1. Are audio messages left using the doorbell be saved to USB connected to the base station not just the My Arlo site?

2. If the internet connection is lost and is then re-established are recordings saved to the USB when the internet connection was down copied to the My Arlo site when the connection is re-established or not?

I don’t know the answer to #1, but I believe the answer to #2 is “no”.  You must remove the USB device and plug it into a computer to review the recordings.  

Arlo has stated they they plan to make USB recordings available for viewing via the app sometime this year, but I have not heard anything about this functionality since soon after the Ultra announcement.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Unknown if audio from doorbell is recorded to USB backup

2) Any recording during the time internet is out goes to the USB backup ( if activated ), they DO NOT get uploaded to the Arlo servers ( library ) at a later time when internet comes back

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation