Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
KennethB
Guide
Guide

As a long time Arlo user, and have not changed my setup for quite some time.

I have setup custom modes for protecting my property with 5 cameras and have configured customer modes depending on behaviour (home/out/night etc.), but it looks like I have fewer options now?

While reviewing my setup, I no longer have the option to add multiple camera rules under modes, meaning I can only have one camera protecting my property, not multiple cameras protecting my property in various scenarios. 

How do I setup a mode with a rule that contains all my cameras? Some cameras should trigger the siren, others should only record or maybe just send me an alert? 

The only multi-camera mode available is the default "Armed" mode.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What if you create a new mode? Have you tried both the app and a browser? Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app?

KennethB
Guide
Guide
Thanks jguerdat, yes I have tried this.

Meanwhile I discovered that the issue is only on one of my two VMB4000r3‘s, and the one affected is stuck on firmware version1.16.4.2_3653_e3618b1.
And for unknown reasons it still says “no updates available”?

The other base station is on the latest version 1.16.3.4_3614_c289687
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I may be fastest to remove the "stuck" base and any cameras synced to it and start fresh. Be sure to note all settings, modes, rules, schedule, etc. to speed the rebuild. That should clear out any weirdnesses and allow the firmware to update.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation