Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One of the Arlo Pro 2 cameras is showing rapid waves going across on image?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Get2david
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a Arlo Pro base running 3 camera and one of the 3 is Arlo Pro 2 camera. the Arlo Pro cameras don't have any issues but the Arlo Pro 2 camera sometime show rapid waves going across almost electrical looking waves distort the video completely. so much you can't even tell what the video is. If I change the photo quality from high to low back to high problem is corrected. But trying to understand why I have the issue

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Could you post a sample recording that shows the problem?

Get2david
Aspirant
Aspirant
Get2david
Aspirant
Aspirant
Posted.....BTY.. the camera is located fairly close to the base.. and it's not constantly it's maybe once every two to four weeks... in all weather conditions cold or hot

https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/93D39EFAE8C4A8D7_201911
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Get2david wrote:
https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/93D39EFAE8C4A8D7_201911

Thanks.  What  you are seeing is a corrupted video stream (where parts are missing, or perhaps have errors).

Does this happen on every recording or live stream?  How far away is the camera from the base?

Get2david
Aspirant
Aspirant
Both..... and at first I would unsync the base with the camera and then I discovered that I could changed the resolution it fixes the problem temporarily... I do always leave the unit plugged in and in high resolution... one last thing it is pretty close to a outdoor light fixture
Get2david
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an Arlo 2 much further away doesn't happen it ...only happens on the Arlo 2 Pro... which I have plugged in all the time to utilize the early playback feature
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Get2david wrote:
I have an Arlo 2 much further away doesn't happen it ...only happens on the Arlo 2 Pro... which I have plugged in all the time to utilize the early playback feature

Try unplugging it, and let us know if the corruption goes away.

If it doesn't, then swap the cameras and see if the problem stays with the camera.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation