Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
peetdk
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I got two cams, one of them works fine, detects motion, send notification and record it.

The other camera also detects motion (icon turns orange in the app) same with the doorbell, it detects motion... But it's not sending any notification, and it's not recording... What's wrong? They are connected to the same base station.

I tried to restart base-station.

Remove battery the camera, removed them from the base station, put the battery back in and connect it.

Check if firmware updates, they are up to date.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@peetdk wrote:

Yes, I'm using zones

@StephenB wrote:

Are you using activity zones on the camera that is misbehaving?

Yes, I'm using activity zones.

If the camera is battery powered, then it will stream to the cloud whenever it detects motion (even when that motion is outside the zone).  The cloud then figures out if the motion was out-of-zone - and if it was, it will supress the recording and the notifification.

You might try turning the activity zones off for a while as test - ignoring the junk notifications, but looking to see if you do get notifications and recordings.  That would help you sort out where the problem lies.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

peetdk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I'm using zones

@StephenB wrote:

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@peetdk wrote:

Yes, I'm using zones

@StephenB wrote:

If the camera is battery powered, then it will stream to the cloud whenever it detects motion (even when that motion is outside the zone).  The cloud then figures out if the motion was out-of-zone - and if it was, it will supress the recording and the notifification.

You might try turning the activity zones off for a while as test - ignoring the junk notifications, but looking to see if you do get notifications and recordings.  That would help you sort out where the problem lies.

peetdk
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB wrote:

@peetdk wrote:

Yes, I'm using zones

@StephenB wrote:

I tried removing all activity zones, now it works... I will try to add the activity zones again to see if it still works..

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@peetdk wrote:
I tried removing all activity zones, now it works... I will try to add the activity zones again to see if it still works.

Some progress at least.  Let us know if you can set up zones that reduce the recordings you don't want but still give you the ones you do.  

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation