Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Ray7
Follower
Follower

One of my batteries has stopped charging. I have the dual charger, and the problem follows the battery, plus all the other batteries charge. The fault symptom is, when I plug the battery in, I expect the amber light to come on, but no light comes on.
Anyone else have a clear hardware fault under warranty and have Arlo support drag their feet and run stall tactics?

4 REPLIES 4
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

One side of my charger does the same sort of thing sometimes, the light won’t  change. However the battery does charge. Sometimes it stays yellow, sometimes it turns green. 
Foot dragging is what they do. Don’t hold your breath.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ray7 wrote:
One of my batteries has stopped charging. I have the dual charger, and the problem follows the battery, plus all the other batteries charge. 

There is something you could try here: https://kb.arlo.com/1239221/What-do-I-do-if-my-Arlo-Charging-Station-won-t-charge-my-Arlo-Go-or-Arlo...

@Ray7 wrote:

Anyone else have a clear hardware fault under warranty 

Actually it's not very clear how long the warranty on the battery is.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/about/warranty/default.aspx wrote:
In particular, there may be some components or accessories of Arlo products, such as batteries, power supplies, skins, or mounts, that have limited warranty lengths that differ from the one-year warranty of the underlying Arlo product. Please see the product detail pages on arlo.com to determine the warranty length for your specific Arlo product.

However, I am not seeing any information on arlo.com on the warranty for the VMA4400 batteries.  My guess it is also one year, but it'd be best if it was more clearly stated.

bargar6
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a battery that will not hold a charge for more than a couple of hours, decreases rapidly.  Purchased March 27, 2019.  Called Tech Support yesterday and the gentleman  was very helpful.  Said it was still under warranty and are sending us a new replacement battery. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@StephenB wrote:

Actually it's not very clear how long the warranty on the battery is.

In many countries companies' statements on warranties are meaningless. Arlo can write what it likes, but local law trumps that.

The pattern seems to be for companies to write warranties that reflect consumer protection laws in the USA. Fortunately, these are usually inferior to consumers legislation in other countries, such as Australia and the whole of the EU. (Perhaps the UK can expect to go down the US route after Brexit.) You will sometimes see separate statements on support pages.

Guarantees, cancelling and returning your purchases - Your Europe

You always have the right to a minimum 2-year guarantee at no cost, regardless of whether you bought your goods online, in a shop or by mail order.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation