Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Getting notifications when Arlo Pro 2 camera is triggered but many of the videos aren't loading

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bobby37
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased 3 wireless Arlo pro 2 cameras and I’m getting notifications when the camera is triggered, but many of the videos aren’t loading to the library.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you use activity zones?

Bobby37
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey StephenB,
Thank you for responding. The way I understood it the cameras had to be connected to a power source to access activity zones? At this point all 3 cameras are wireless.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bobby37 wrote:
 The way I understood it the cameras had to be connected to a power source to access activity zones? At this point all 3 cameras are wireless.

No.  If you have a paid subscription then you can use cloud activity zones.  With these, the video is streamed to the cloud whenever motion is detected, and the cloud determines whether the motion is in the zone or not.  If it is not in the zone, the recording is discarded.

I asked because there have been a couple of issues with activity zones on pro 2 cameras.

@Bobby37 wrote:
 ... but many of the videos aren’t loading to the library.

Sometimes they do arrive later.  It'd be helpful to check for that.

Are the recordings that you do get pixelated or have any other issues (pauses, etc)? 

Do you have a USB thumb drive connected to the base?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation