Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
larryc5a
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a 5 Camera Arlo Pro 2 system.  Four of the cameras are detecting motion and recording videos normally.  The fifth camera stopped recording.  The battery is fully charged and the camera appears to be showing normal live video.  But no recordings for the last 10 days.  

I'm out of state and won't have physical access to the system for another week.  When I return, what should I try first to get this one camera going again?  My inclination is to turn the whole system off and hope the wayward camera starts working when I power it back up.  After that, all I can think of is remove it from the system and then add it back.  Am I on the right track?  Any other suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You could also try restarting the base (which can be done remotely).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Can you confirm that you get push or email notifications when the problem camera detects motion?

Can you confirm that when you live stream the camera you are able to make a manual recording and that it shows up in the cloud library?

If you have notifications enabled and your not getting any when there is motion then the camera may need a reset, remove the camera battery for 10sec to reset it.

Check your mode’s camera rule for the problem camera is set correctly to record on motion.

If you’re not able to manually record to the cloud library, this is an arlo thing so you may have to remove and readd the camera which can only be done when back on site to connect the app to the local network.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You could also try restarting the base (which can be done remotely).

larryc5a
Aspirant
Aspirant

I could not get the one camera to re-sync at its location.  I took it inside, close to the control, powered everything down for a while, powered it back up and was then able to sync the camera.  It has remained synced since taking it back outside. They're all good now.  Thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation