Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Old battery and brand new battery both not charging

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
airban
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had an extra Pro 2 camera in the closet I wanted to add to my system. It had a battery, and I also have a brand new battery I opened up. Neither of them will charge when the camera is plugged in. I see the green lightning bolt on the app, and the plug icon like it's plugged in and charging on the web interface, but I unplug the camera after hours and it says the battery needs charged. 

I see solutions (like the 10 minute unplug for 5 times method), but that is not my exact situation because I AM getting the lightning bolt icon when its plugged in. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Do the batteries charge when you put them in another camera?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

make sure you are using the original charger cable and ac adapter setup

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
airban
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't have the original. Just a new battery that I purchased that came with a charger (OEM)

I also tried other cameras on the system, same issue. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@airban wrote:

I don't have the original. Just a new battery that I purchased that came with a charger (OEM)

I also tried other cameras on the system, same issue. 

What have you been using to charge the batteries before you purchased the new battery+charger???

airban
Aspirant
Aspirant

The other cameras on the system have always just been wired with no battery. So basically this is my first time attempting to run one with a battery. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Post a pic if possible on the battery label...

If you look at the battery it should be listed as 7.2v ( charges to 8.4 max )... and should work with a 5v USB with at least 1a or more.

Also make sure you have a Pro2 camera, as the Pro camera that uses the same battery NEEDS a qualcomm type charger that output a dual voltage of 5v/9v.... 5v to run and 9v to charge the battery.

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation