Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Observations On Video Cutouts

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
improve58
Luminary
Luminary

On Oct 17 I had the resident in the apartment turn off the power to one of the Pro2 cameras. I haven't yet made an in-depth comparison for that camera between the few days before that and the few days after, but I have noticed a few things:

1. Some of the video stoppages--seemingly in mid motion come when the motion is very slight. (A day after the switch I upped the sensitivity to 100%. ) When the resident (an elderly family member) is standing still working with their hands, especially when they're very far from the camera within the apt--maybe 20-25 ft. etc. I know the motion sensor works best when movement is detected laterally across their field of vision, rather than just forward and away.

2. There are less instances of when the video stops --and subject disappears but the video of the empty space continues.

3. I'm looking to see if times of the day maybe late afternoon when there is less light --too soon to turn on lighting--causes more cutouts. I don't know if night vision can assist in those instances or not, but I turned night vision back on anyway.

4. I also want to see if having one camera on batteries affects the other cameras in any way, perhaps reducing the incidence of overall cutouts, dropouts, disappearing subjects, etc. Can't imagine why that would happen but.....

I know many Arlo users use these cameras for outdoor security and conditions I'm sure are very different.

Tomorrow perhaps I can start making daily comparisons between the one running only on batteries with the other three powered ones.

1 REPLY 1
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
Here’s a whole thread on this buddy - any plugged in Pro 2 is having this issue.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Audio-Doorbell/Doorbell-not-calling-iPhone-since-iOS-13/m-p/17349...
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation