Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notifications tones & Longer Record Time

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Fireball2684
Star
Star
Hey, I would love to have the old notifications back. It aloud us to choose a separate tone. When I get notified, I don't know if it's Arlo anymore. It just goes by the default tone, which is now terrible. I used to have a special tone for Arlo. Can you please extend the aloud record time to do at least 5 minutes. This has been a ongoing issue with people for years. If it's because of battery life, then allow it at least for the plugged in cameras. Hope to see this change very soon. Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try the following steps to see if you're able to change the notification tones through your phone settings: Use your Google Phone 2XL settings > Apps > Arlo > Notifications > Notifications (click on it again) > Advanced > Sound.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Fireball2684,

If you are using an Android device, you can change your notification preference directly from the application settings. 

For extending the record time, add this idea to our Idea Exchange Board. Our development team routinely reviews posts in the board to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. 

Fireball2684
Star
Star

Hi Jessica, I am using Android but that feature is not available as you say. I am using the Google Pixel 2xl. Everything is fully up to date. There's no way to change the sound. It only uses the default settings.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try the following steps to see if you're able to change the notification tones through your phone settings: Use your Google Phone 2XL settings > Apps > Arlo > Notifications > Notifications (click on it again) > Advanced > Sound.

Fireball2684
Star
Star

After checking out the settings last night, I figured it out. I didn't realize that I can click on notifications. I thought it was only a toggle switch. Thanks for the help. Much better now...lol

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation