Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
PNHALE
Follower
Follower

After an upgrade of iPhone to IOS13 and Apple Watch series 4 to watchOs6 notifications are no longer being received on Apple Watch but do arrive on phone. I have installed latest version of Arlo app and have confirmed that notifications are enabled for Arlo on the watch. I am seeing notifications from other apps.

28 REPLIES 28
PNW-Yedi
Tutor
Tutor

Anyone else really hating this new Arlo App?

Spent 1.5+ hours with Arlo customer service today which gave me the go around I don't know how many times. Even at one point suggested and sent me a link to download a BETA Apple software on my Apple Watch (unbelievable) for an issue that started after I download THEIR new ARLO app. Yeah not going to happen.

The issue is that now instead of getting an alert on my Apple Watch with a snapshot from my cameras, I only simply get an alert there was motion. My wife who has not upgraded the new app, is not having any problems. 

The Arlo rep told me to download the app on my apple watch, which I repeatedly told them DOES NOT EXIST which took at least a half hour until the rep understood. This person did not strike me as tech savvy in the slightest, suuuuuuper comforting as a customer dealing with a TECH SUPPORT REP. 

Then I was told I needed to download and use apple HomeKit, which I already use for other devices but can't for Arlo, because, wait for it, they have not released HomeKit yet for their premium Ultra cameras which I have (and already knew this). So the rep explains I can download HomeKit, but won't actually be able to use it until they release the compatibility, which they also could not give me a date for. 

I explain AGAIN that NONE of this was an issue before I downloaded this new app. Eventually the rep goes to 'chat with the team' and comes back to say, "Sounds like there's an issue on the new app and I'm sorry to hear about this, but as I mentioned we recommend using the new app." So your new app sucks, and has issues, buuuuuut just use it anyway, k thanks bye?

Wait it out for as long as you can before downloading this new app. I should've listened to other reviews on the app store because it truly sucks. 

Let me know if anyone has suggestions on the alert issues or is having as much fun with the new app. Fingers crossed we aren't waiting for an updated app as long as we've been waiting for the 'home security system' to release, beyond frustrating. 

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

I just updated to iOS 13 and Watch OS6.  I still get rich notifications on my iPhone (where a snapshot of the image shows along with the name of the camera triggered), but I no longer get rich notifications on my Apple Watch.  The Apple Watch only shows the name of the camera now.  Anybody know how to get rich notifications back on my watch?

inact
Guide
Guide

Yes, same issue here. I'm getting smart notifications on the iPhone but not on the watch.

iPhone X iOS 13

Apple Watch Series 3 WatchOS 5

Apple Watch Series 5 WatchOS 6

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi everyone,

Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and restart your iPhone and Apple Watch to see if that helps? And do you have a Arlo Smart subscription?

PNW-Yedi
Tutor
Tutor
Possible fix with the release of iOS 13.1 today. I got one rich notification that came through on my watch, still testing it.
inact
Guide
Guide
I’m on 13.1 but still no rich notifications on the Apple Watch.

I’m a Arlo smart subscriber and get the rich text notifications on the phone just not the watch. I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled the latest app as well.
PNW-Yedi
Tutor
Tutor
One thing you could try is go into “mode” and create you own custom mode. A year ago I was having issuing receiving any alerts and this was a solution I was given from their support team. I don’t know how or why it worked (honestly we shouldn’t have to create work around a for their software issues, but I digress). Try creating a custom mode and setting up what alerts and settings for your devices you want in there. I hope it works for you!
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

My iPhone 11 Pro is having problems reaching the update server for some reason, so I’m still on 13.0, but I just checked my Series 5 watch and noticed I have no notifications from Arlo on it.  My iPhone has several on it from overnight.  I’m not certain if those push through when the Watch is off my wrist at night.  I have been receiving a lot of Nest notifications on my Watch and I’ve seen many Arlo notifications on my iPhone and iPad , so I hadn’t noticed they were not appearing on my Watch yesterday.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I just tested this by stepping out onto my porch and I did indeed receive a rich notification on my watch.  Some old guy at my door...ha ha.

inact
Guide
Guide
@PNW-Yedi Thank you!! Creating my own mode fixed the issue. Crazy the default modes don’t work.
PNW-Yedi
Tutor
Tutor
Awesome! Glad it worked!!
Calpeper
Tutor
Tutor

Agreed.
This system wasn't exactly a 'breeze' 6 months ago when I spent over an hour (on my new system) to get the base station and cameras to sync. Then, recently, the recorded audio/video were out-of-sync with each other. Now, with the implementation of their new app, I've spent hours today (on my FREAKIN SUNDAY / Day Off) trying to get the base station and cameras to re-sync = but they won't (and "yes, I have followed their 'troubleshooting' process ad nauseum)!!!

Any home web cam recommendation - BESIDE ARLO - are now welcome!

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

I am already using a custom mode, but am still not receiving rich notifications on my Apple Watch.  Why do these "updates" always seem to REDUCE functionality?  This is really frustrating.

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

Just to add one more data point: I have three Apple Watches (a series 4 and two series 5's).  Rich notifications are coming through on only one of them (the S4) and not the other two.  They all have the same software and settings applied, so I'm not sure why they wouldn't all behave the same.

Abmet
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm not getting rich notifications on my phone or watch.  iPhone 11 Pro on iOS 13.1.2 and series 5 watch on 6.0.1.  Just getting that camera has detected motion.  Disappointing as this was really the only benefit I was getting out of the Homekit integration.

Abmet
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm wondering if could be that I haven't updated my Apple TV that I use for Homekit hub.  I just remembered that I haven't updated it since tvOS 13 was released.  Will update it tonight.

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

I don't think rick notifications have anything to do with HomeKit.  I was getting snapshots of motion alerts on my watch well before HomeKit support arrived.

BTW, none of my watches are giving me rich notifications now and I'm up to date (iOS 6.01 on the watches and iOS 13.1.2 on my phone).  Furthermore, I'm back to not being able to edit, or attach videos via iMessage (I posted another thread about this).  Really frustrating...

Abmet
Apprentice
Apprentice
Ah you are talking about the ones from Arlo Smart I’m guessing. For me I was referring to the HomeKit notifications. I updated my Apple TV To tvOS 13 and triggered one camera and got HomeKit rich notification. Hopefully Arlo will fix the Arlo Smart notifications.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you're still not receiving notifications on your Apple Watch, make sure the notifications is enabled. You can check this by going to your Apple Watch Settings on your iPhone > Notifications > Arlo (If it's already on, toggle it off and back on to see if that helps).

If you're still having troubles, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

The issue still persists for me.  All software is up to date and I have notifications enabled correctly.

Mdterps
Apprentice
Apprentice
I was having this same problem, and the only thing that worked for me was to remove and reset (from backup) my Apple Watch and then add back to my iPhone and the notifications started working properly. Might not work for all, but this was the only fix that worked on my watch.
krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

I just unpaired and re-paired my watch and I'm still only getting text notifications (no photo previews) on my watch screen.  iPhone shows the previews just fine.

inact
Guide
Guide
Did you guys try creating the custom mode? It helped fix mine as strange as the solution is to fixing the watch notifications.
krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

I'm already using a custom mode, and have been from the start

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation