Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notifications badges

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nefertiti007
Star
Star
Too many unread notifications on Arlo badge. Also need homekit to be added
11 REPLIES 11
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nefertiti007,

Are you experiencing an issue when trying to set up HomeKit? Could you provide more details?

JamesC

nefertiti007
Star
Star
See attach screenshots. It just does nothing. Been trying to set up for the past couple of years. Nothing worked so I Just gave up
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

nefertiti007
Star
Star
Thanks James. How would you know which model / serial of my base ? And how do i get rid of those unread notifications on badge ? See attachments
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Badge notifications should clear once the library is viewed for all the days that have notifications and have no been viewed. Your base station model/serial number can be found on the sticker on the bottom of the base station.

JamesC

nefertiti007
Star
Star
The library is always viewed but i keep seeing those unread ones popping up. I know where to get that serial no just how did you manage to send the token to my base ?
nefertiti007
Star
Star
That token reset did not work. Same issue again on setting up. I fully powered down and followed the instructions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nefertiti007,

I sent the token based off the email address you have associated with your community account.

If you're still unable to set up, you may need to factory reset the base station and then attempt to set up again.

Regarding the badge notifications, are you using the latest version of the Arlo mobile app from the app store?

JamesC

nefertiti007
Star
Star
Thanks will try that base factory reset too. Yes i am using the latest app from the store
nefertiti007
Star
Star

HI James, 

Factory reset done, reset up everything from scratch - base station, all cameras and tried to setup homekit again - no joy  same issue as before, spinning upon looking for devices 😞

nefertiti007
Star
Star
Update!!!

It works!!! It took a long time to get it. Now i have one camera that doesn’t want to sync nor the blue light wants to flicker to bring up the sync 😞
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation