Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Library badge number delayed in the app

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Al_in_nh
Tutor
Tutor

Notifications are getting long delays before it shows up under the camera’s display screen. Notifications are quick to my iPhone but the number that shows up under the alerted camera’s screen is either not there or minutes or hours delayed. The camera records quickly though

12 REPLIES 12
Dannybear
Master
Master
I don’t know if is helpful but badges should show immediately when the push notifications occur from my experience.
What I do note is that recordings made that are not set to push notifications do not update badge numbers until I open the app on my iPhone and well after that as the library takes time to show latest items.
Can you check if the arlo app has background refresh enabled in the iPhone settings for the arlo app.
Al_in_nh
Tutor
Tutor
Yes it is enabled.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling?
Maybe power down the phone in between.
Al_in_nh
Tutor
Tutor
Yes
I deleted app and reinstalled twice, tried a different phone. Power cycle base also.
Dannybear
Master
Master
I would also check that the push notification settings for the arlo app in the phone settings is set for all such as locked screen etc.

The last resort would be to remove cameras and base station from the account and reinstall from new. This would be a pain as it will be starting from scratch and may not resolve it.
Al_in_nh
Tutor
Tutor
Another thing I noticed:
If I get an alert, the iPhone tells me immediately like it should. I then click on the Arlo icon app and I see the library got it’s red number indicator, but that goes away very quickly without me doing anything. Then no number appears under the alerted camera’s screen. Also my laptop works like it should. I tried another iPhone that has an older software version and it fails also. If I start from scratch will it allow me to use my email again or tell me it’s already in use and to try another emai?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo app and iOS are you using? 

Al_in_nh
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo 3.5.12
iPhone 6s 14.8
iPhone SE 15.3.1
Another observation: If I close out previously accessed Arlo by swiping upward on either iPhone, it works ok every time on the next alert. If Arlo had been open previously it fails to hold the red number in the library when I go to view which camera got the alert. The number on the library goes away quickly when viewed.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for that info, let me look in to this and see what I can find out. 

Al_in_nh
Tutor
Tutor
Shayne
I have emailed the logs to you yesterday. Hopefully you can find a fix for this problem.
Al_in_nh
Tutor
Tutor
Another tidbit to ponder……I logged into my friends Arlo pro2 cameras and It works fine from his alerts. He has old Arlo software 3.1. So for my money, I would bet on the newest Arlo release that I have on mine is at fault
Al_in_nh
Tutor
Tutor
Shayne
Did you get the logs I emailed to you? If so, any progress on my problem?
Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation