Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Lizzzard187
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have an Arlo Pro 2 set up to watch our driveway. Every few weeks, videos and notifications no longer come through and the Hub has to be restarted. I understand this is probably an issue with our WI-FI, but it would be helpful if Arlo would send an alert that videos are no longer being uploaded to the cloud. Is there a way to set that up? Sometimes it's a day or two before we realize we haven't gotten any notifications. There isn't any error in the Arlo app and all devices will say they are online and functioning normally, but there will not be any videos in the library. Once the Hub is restarted, new videos are uploaded. 

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

This has been requested many times in the past, but not enabled yet by Arlo....

You can post a request to the 'want' list as more that do the more like it will come to fruition.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Community-Feedback/bd-p/arlo-community-feedback

As a side note, if you travel, you may want to look into a wemo type smart plug.  Yhis is a wifi controlled outlet which will allow you to reset the base unit while not home ( by toggle off/on ).

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Lizzzard187
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, TomMac! I can actually reset the Hub through the app with no issue, I just need to know when to do it. 🙂

I want to make sure I post in the right place- should I create a new post in the "community feedback" forum to request the feature?

Danny7519
Initiate
Initiate

Hello,

We have been waiting since at least 2015 for notifications when cameras go offline.  This is literally a ping from the server, and if no response, notify - email or text message or push notification (something!).  An integral part of security is knowing when and how you are protected. If this is not possible, I will happily return your products and go with a different brand, after leaving the appropriate negative reviews on every website I can find.  7 years for a critical update - c‘mon, guys!

Regards,

Disappointed

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation