Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not receiving push notifications on LG Android device. How to enable?

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
REW0725
Aspirant
Aspirant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
REW0725
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried signing in as the primary but that didn’t work either. Thanks for the suggestion. I finally figured out the issue with the LG phone. I went into the CM Launcher settings under Notification Reminder and had to add the Arlo app. I now receive notifications on the LG android phone. What a big pain in my _ss this has been for me!!! Thanks again for everyone’s input..

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the phone settings for the Arlo app and ensure that notifications are allowed.

REW0725
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I did and I’m still not receiving the notifications. Other thoughts or recommendations? this is driving me crazy. Thanks again

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For strters, reboot the phone and reinstall the app.

REW0725
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve also rebooted and uninstalled Arlo and then reinstalled it. I’m still not receiving the push notifications on the LG phone. I am receiving them on the IOS phone. I really appreciate the feedback though and would appreciate further suggestions with this issue. Thanks again

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @REW0725,

Are you the primary owner or are you on a shared account? Make sure that the primary owner has the push notifications enabled to ensure you're receiving notifications as well.

REW0725
Aspirant
Aspirant
The LG phone is on a shared account but push notifications are enabled under the primary account. Again thank you for the suggestion. This is driving me nuts lol!!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if the primary account is logged on? DO you then get notifications?

REW0725
Aspirant
Aspirant
When the primary is logged on - push notifications are received by the primary and myself (we both have IOS phones). The 3rd person has the lg android and is not receiving any push notifications. Thanks for your assistance - it is very much appreciated..
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I was suggesting temporarily logging in on the LG phone with the primary account to see if there's a difference in operation.

REW0725
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried signing in as the primary but that didn’t work either. Thanks for the suggestion. I finally figured out the issue with the LG phone. I went into the CM Launcher settings under Notification Reminder and had to add the Arlo app. I now receive notifications on the LG android phone. What a big pain in my _ss this has been for me!!! Thanks again for everyone’s input..
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation