Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 power cables

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gtagirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

RE:  Secure Wall Mount with Wall plug in power source - Arlo Pro 2 Cameras

I'm looking for solutions to connect my two front outdoor Arlo Pro 2 cameras to the outlet in the garage.  My garage is not built into the house; it extends out at the side of the porch.  This is good as both cameras (one above the garage entrance and one above the front entrance) can access the garage outlet by simply drilling a whole in the side and in the front, running the cords along inside the garage wall and to the outlet between them.

The first problem, is I understand that the powercord that comes with it is not weatherproof / outdoor standard. Even if I get the one Arlo sells it still has the angled plug to the camera, which from what I've seen obstructs the secure wallmount from screwing on properly. Therefore, using the secure wallmount and the power cord does not appear to be doable. (IS THERE A SOLUTION FOR THIS?)

The second problem, is Arlo's outdoor cord is short and again the angled plug to the camera requires an unecessarily large hole to be drilled to feed it through. (IS THERE AN ALTERNATE PLUG IN THAT IS COMPATIBLE THAT IS STRAIGHT?  Similar to the one it came with but weather proof)

My third questions, is what is the required amps for any compatible accessories? 2.0?

I'm pretty sure many found the right combination of products that work and do not compromise the functionality and reception of Arlo's product, as I really like it.  I just can't keep climbing up outside in the -35C degree weather in northern Toronto every 6 weeks to change the batteries.

My gratitude for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I use various screw mounts with the 90 degree plug with no problems. The original mounts had larger lock nuts which interfered with the plug but the new ones are smaller. You can also buy small 1/4"-20 nuts from your local hardware store.

That said, I don't use the lock nuts - I just gently bottom out the screw in the camera socket so it won't rotate by itself. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I use various screw mounts with the 90 degree plug with no problems. The original mounts had larger lock nuts which interfered with the plug but the new ones are smaller. You can also buy small 1/4"-20 nuts from your local hardware store.

That said, I don't use the lock nuts - I just gently bottom out the screw in the camera socket so it won't rotate by itself. 

gtagirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is quite helpful. Much appreciated!

@jguerdat wrote:

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation