Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
erstwhilepub
Aspirant
Aspirant

For example, my camera on the backside of the house records my leaving for work every morning which includes me walking out the back door, getting into the car and backing out the driveway...except sometimes on a random basis it doesn't record anything or provide a recording. Nothing has changed. My car is parked in the same exact location. It is always dark when I leave. The camera is never moved as it is plugged into AC with the Arlo outdoor cable and it is always charged. It also has battery backup. But, seemingly, on a random basis, it does not record this event.  I am noticing this thing with my front camera too. This doesn't happen very often (maybe once every two weeks), but just enough to be annoying. I  check my recordings everyday when I get back from work. I doubt if changing a setting will change anything.  Perhaps it is recording but those recordings don't get saved in the library?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Plug a 16GB or larger thumb drive into the base and use the base settings to configure it. WHen missing a video, see if it's on the drive but not the library. Are you using Arlo Smart? That may be misidentifying you.

erstwhilepub
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't use a phone or app. I view my videos by logging into your website. Randomly, I do still have unrecorded videos not recorded or stored. I am not sure how to proceed with your instructions. Do you suggest that I set it up so the videos are stored on a thumb drive?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Be aware that "guru" status has nothing to do with employment.  I'm retired IT and just another user like you.

I definitely do suggest using a thumb drive and set it up in the base's settings for local storage so it records locally as well as to the cloud. That way you can tell if there was a missing recording in the cloud or a completely missing recording on both locations. Since you don't use the app, you'll need to use the web client to safely eject the drive for viewing on the computer. The filenames aren't what you might expect so just use the timestamps to locate the videos of interest.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation