Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Datamarc
Initiate
Initiate

My camera is not recording. I can walk in front of camera and see myself life video feed but no recording ever registers. Time to start seeking replacement system.

25 REPLIES 25
StateCollegePa
Initiate
Initiate
I have experienced the same problem the only way I was able to fix it was remove all the camera and base station I reset everything back to factory settings and started over. This fixed five out of six cameras that stopped recording about two months after installation I have four store and all four stores stopped recording. I wouldn’t recommend these to anyone ever. I can’t even hardly watch a video on the computer or app they server sucks I was going to purchase the monthly package that best fit my needs but I can’t get the app to respond for viewing live videos or recorded videos I’m not waisting my money on the monthly service I waisted about $1000.00 because the store person told me they was gonna be great they suck. Sorry a little rant with my answer
ap85
Guide
Guide

Hello, I am an owner of 6 pack Arlo Pro 2 cameras. They have been working fine for several months until recently just one of my camera's detects motion but does not upload the video to the library. I have searched through the community and tried everything suggested but still no luck.  My base station is located upstairs towards the front of the house and my camera that is now having issues is the only one located towards the back of the house. I have strong wifi around the entire house but not sure why this camera doesn't seem to possibly pick up the wifi signal anymore from the closest wifi extender but worked fine for several months before?

Things tried to fix issue:

Deleted camera and re-installed

Re-synced the camera

Restarted from base station

Restarted using the app

Firmware updated

Any advise would be appreciated, thank you!

jwozniak
Initiate
Initiate
Same for me. Some recordings constantly missing from one camera out of 3. Removed, added again and it worked for a while. Today again no recordings. What could be a great system in reality is a waste of money and a security risk.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

FYI, the Arlo camera has nothing to do with your home wifi signal strength if it runs off a base unit.

The cameras that use bases ALL link only to the base which creates it's own wifi network just for the cameras.

The only true way to expand coverage is with multi bases if a central location does not provided good signals.

Good side to this is with multi bases, you can also run multi schedules ( for like front/back ) which is really handy.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@ap85 wrote:

Hello, I am an owner of 6 pack Arlo Pro 2 cameras. They have been working fine for several months until recently just one of my camera's detects motion but does not upload the video to the library.

There is a limit to how many cameras you can have for a free account.

Arlo subscription plans and cloud recording

You don't say what plan you are on, maybe you fall into the "five cameras" category.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Ianjamesmac
Initiate
Initiate
Bought these 3 weeks ago, have never been able to see any videos in library. Also had issues with armed mode detecting motion at all, but restarting base station seems to help. Really just want to know if this is common before I return this junk. So frustrated. Spent an hour on phone to support this morning to no avail.
mrogers77
Apprentice
Apprentice

They have an issue but seem to be doing nothing to fix it. Everything has been working fine until the last few weeks - now not all recordings are gong to the cloud. I just watched four times, both of my cameras were activated and writing video, and I received the notifications of motion detected - yet two of those times the video never posted. This system has become less and less reliable over time - very frustrated as they don't seem to be responding to any of the issues and resolving them.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@mrogers77 wrote:

They have an issue but seem to be doing nothing to fix it.

Perhaps you missed this:

Solved: Re: Arlo pro 3 not recording to library - Page 3 - Arlo Communities

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Kktracy3
Apprentice
Apprentice
Does your camera have activity zones by chance? I deleted my activity zones and videos started uploading to the cloud again. That is a problem in itself but it may solve your current issue
ap85
Guide
Guide

No activity zones. It's just very strange that only 1 of my cameras has stopped uploading to the library after several months of working fine. The recent firmware update doesn't seem to have fixed my issue. I did not subscribe to any additional service so my videos delete after the standard 7 days go by unless I personally download and save them.

ap85
Guide
Guide

I was not aware of this but thanks for the heads up. It's unfortunate they aren't doing much to fix this issue.

ap85
Guide
Guide

I agree with you 100%, I thought Arlo would have solved all my problems yet it just created a new headache for me.

ap85
Guide
Guide

I'm not on any plan, I monitor the videos myself and they delete after 1 week. What I have noticed is this past weekend I brought the camera inside my house (closer to base station) and it seems to start working but as soon as I put it back outside where it's been for several month it stopped uploading. I'm wondering if the distance is the issue now but question is that it's been working fine for months but now all of a sudden the distance has become an issue?

ap85
Guide
Guide

I will look into the multi base station, is seems like the signal is the issue as I've tried to move the same camera inside my house closer to the base station and videos began to upload to the library but when it goes back outside to it's original position where it's been for months, the notifications keeps coming but nothing uploaded to the library.

Kktracy3
Apprentice
Apprentice
Never mind I thought deleting activity zones solved my issue but it’s back. I have always had my cameras in the same spots so distance from the base station shouldn’t be my issue now
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Is anyone still experiencing the issue where you're not receiving recordings from your Arlo camera? We recently released a new firmware update for the Arlo Base Station VMB4000 and VMB4500. Make sure that your Arlo Base Station is on the latest version and let us know if you're still not receiving any recordings. You can read here to learn more about the firmware update:

jwozniak
Initiate
Initiate

I'm on this new version. Will check if the issue persists.

Kktracy3
Apprentice
Apprentice
I was having the same problem of videos not saving to the cloud after the firmware update. I had to delete all of my custom modes and schedule and redo it and now everything works flawlessly.
mrogers77
Apprentice
Apprentice
Now, after the firmware release, it stops recording on one particular camera regularly. I have to reboot the base to get it to start. So it's a step backward, now it completely stops recording instead of just not sending recordings to the cloud.🤬
paulclo
Guide
Guide

I had not had this problem until this morning (January 6). My base station firmware has the latest version 1.15.0.1_3092_d878851. So, I am not sure if this new firmware solves the problem or actually creates it.

The cameras are not recording now and they have become useless.

Kktracy3
Apprentice
Apprentice
Try deleting all your custom modes and schedule and then add it back. That fixed my problem
paulclo
Guide
Guide

Thanks for your response. I don't think I have set any mode - Just Armed mode - no zones, or anything. I have tried recording until motion stops, as well as recording for 120s. But they yield the same results. Are there any other modes that I am not aware of? Thanks.

Kktracy3
Apprentice
Apprentice
If you have any rules set up within your armed mode then delete them too and start again. Worth a shot
BrianLosAl
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem. Weird thing is it will keep recordings locally but doesn't show up on the cloud even though I'm subscribed.
Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation