Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Millix
Tutor
Tutor

Just installed a base and two Arlo Pro 2 cameras, but I get no push notification to my phone.

Been reading and testing for hours with solutions from people with similar problem, but no solution for me.

Updated the app, restartet the base and cameras, updated my iOS, activated the check box for push notifications etc.

I do get emails when that checkbox is activated, but nothing on push.

One cam on battery, one on cable. But same issue on both.

8 REPLIES 8
mendozal
Aspirant
Aspirant
The same is happening to me.
But I only get push notifications in my main account/device all guests are no getting them.
It worked a few days ago.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Millix,

Make sure that you have push notifications enabled for the Arlo app on your iPhone by going to your iPhone Settings > Notifications > Arlo > Toggle "Allow Notifications" to be on. You can read more here to learn why you may be not receiving Arlo notifications: Why am I not receiving Arlo notifications on my iOS device?

Hi mendozal,

Try to remove the grant access users and re-invite them again to see if that helps. 

Millix
Tutor
Tutor
Push notification is active on my phone, and I din’t have other people that are granated access.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try to toggle the "Allow Notifications" off and back on. If that still doesn't work, try to reinstall the Arlo app on your iPhone and reboot your iPhone to see if that helps. Also make sure that you don't have "Do Not Disturb" enabled and you enabled "Background App Refresh" for the Arlo app.

kuperson
Tutor
Tutor

I too have been missing notifications for guests only AND email notifications since around Dec 17.  I've tried ALL of the suggestions and more.  I've factory-reset all of my equipment, reinstalled all of the apps and triple-checked all of the settings.  Notifications only go to the main subscriber. 

Arlo employees: Please consider that the problem is at your end, not your customers'!

kuperson
Tutor
Tutor

SEMI-SOLVED.  Deleted each FRIEND and sent them each a new invitation.  When they re-accpeted they started getting notifications again.  I'm a software developer, so I'm NOT guaranteeing that my solution is the answer because Arlo may have fixed something at their end coincidentally at around the same time that I deleted the 'freinds".  Unfortunately we have no way of knowing.

However, email notification is still not working.  Trying several different email accounts and checking in the spam/junk folders - solved nothing.  I confirmed with my email providers that Arlo emails aren't being blocked for some reason.

Millix
Tutor
Tutor
I don’t have anyone else connected, no friends, I am the only user.

I have never received any push to my iPhone from this system no matter what solution I have tried, only e-mail.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you're still having problems not receiving notifications, I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation