Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 drains in about 3 weeks. Tried replacing and swapping camera. Both batteries drain.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JB36
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro 2 that drains batteries in about 3 weeks.  I have replaced the battery and even swapped the camera with another working one.  Both the original and the replacement camera drained the batteries.  So ok, I thought it was environmental right? However, I have another camera 12inch away pointed in a different direction that is working fine.  Both are the same distance from the base station (about 25ft). Both are outside.  Both have the same recording setttings.  Neither camera is recording an excessive about of video.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JB36 wrote:

I have an Arlo Pro 2 that drains batteries in about 3 weeks.  I have replaced the battery and even swapped the camera with another working one.  Both the original and the replacement camera drained the batteries.  So ok, I thought it was environmental right? However, I have another camera 12inch away pointed in a different direction that is working fine.  

Are either using activity zones?

If you swap these two adjacent cameras, does the problem move?

JB36
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes both are using active zone.

When I switch cameras the issue does not travel.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JB36 wrote:

Yes both are using active zone.

If you have activity zones enabled, there could be a lot more streaming when you realize.  All motion detection will stream video to the Arlo Cloud - if it finds that the motion is out of the zone it will suppress the video.  But of course that will use battery.

So I suggest turning off the activity zones temporarily, so you can get a better idea on how much video streaming is actually happening on the camera.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation