Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No live streaming or notification on phone

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tree7
Aspirant
Aspirant

My 7 cameras were working yeaterday but today they will not show a live stream or notify me of movement. I have unlinked and linked the cameras, powered on and off, rebooted router, rest base station, everything i can think of I've tried. The cameras show on my phone as they are working, all lights on base station are green. I checked to make sure cameras were picking up motion, which they were but nothing. This is ridiculous. Very VERY poor from Arlo. There is always problems. Can't wait to get rid of them.

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tree7 wrote:
My 7 cameras were working yeaterday but today they will not show a live stream or notify me of movement. 

What cameras and base station(s) are you using?

Tree7
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo Pro 2 and the older base station. See pic.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tree7 wrote:
Arlo Pro 2 and the older base station. See pic.

That looks like a VMB4000 base.  There should be a label on it that you could use to confirm.

All seven cameras appear to be on line, but give you a connection timeout error when you live stream?  

Do they also do this when you use a PC (https://my.arlo.com)?

Tree7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

The base is a VMB4000.

When trying to veiw the cameras on my laptop they say "it looks like the device is busy or offline".

It's really annoying. I have 2 properties and the same set up. The other cameras at my second property are working fine and i can connect to my phone no problem.

There is a connection timeout when trying to show them on my galaxy s9.

Thanks for your help.
Show quoted text
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tree7 wrote:

When trying to view the cameras on my laptop they say "it looks like the device is busy or offline".

It's really annoying. I have 2 properties and the same set up. The other cameras at my second property are working fine and i can connect to my phone no problem.

There is a connection timeout when trying to show them on my galaxy s9.

If you haven't restarted the base, I'd try that first.

Tree7
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have tried just about everything
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tree7 wrote:
I have tried just about everything

It's hard to know how to helps if we don't know more about what you've tried.

You could try removing the base from the account, and adding it (and the cameras) again.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation