Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
JJ46
Follower
Follower

I just set up a Secure subscription and trying to add my cameras but in settings my cameras are not showing.  When I go to Devices they are there, visible, accessible, and also work with the schedule I have set.  How do I get the camera's to appear in settings so I can add them to my subscription.  Tried on Laptop and IOS device.   

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

New subscriptions are unlimited so all cameras are automatically added to the sub. No need to do anything to activate them.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JJ46 wrote:

I just set up a Secure subscription and trying to add my cameras but in settings my cameras are not showing.  When I go to Devices they are there, visible, accessible, and also work with the schedule I have set.  How do I get the camera's to appear in settings so I can add them to my subscription.  Tried on Laptop and IOS device.   

As @jguerdat says, they should already be in the subscription plan.

But you can check subscription status  by going into the device settings for each camera.  The status will be shown at the top of the page.  This works in the iOS app, as well as a PC browser.

arinald81
Aspirant
Aspirant

Were you able to resolve this? I have the same issue. Pro 2 cameras are not automatically added.  I was trying to follow these instructions:

Why-are-there-no-recordings-in-the-Arlo-Library

I cannot locate MANAGE CAMERAS.  I am logged on to my.arlo.com 

I've also tried on my Arlo app.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@arinald81 wrote:

I cannot locate MANAGE CAMERAS.  I am logged on to my.arlo.com 

I've also tried on my Arlo app.

Are you using a PC browser?  Or a phone/tablet browser?  For some features you need to use a PC.

Also, do you see "Library" as an option in your app menu?  Or do you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead?

arinald81
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was using my MacBook.  I am now using a windows PC.  Same issue.

The real issue I was trying to solve was my cameras (Arlo Pro2, 4030P) stopped recording when triggered by motion.  I know these legacy cameras were the last to receive "free" 7 day recordings. but the recordings just stopped.  I was attempting to try the subscription.  I have found this other thread:

No alerts, no videos, but can watch live - Arlo Community

where others are having the same original issue as me.  None of my cameras are recording motion.  I tell the camera to record it does but it doesn't work when ARMED like it always has.  This issue started in May.  I checked my firmware on my basestation is the latest (from April 2024). I am guessing that update caused this issue.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

arinald81,

I've checked your account and it appears you don't currently have any devices associated with it. You may need to factory reset your base station and resync the cameras as if they were new. Follow the instructions here to factory reset: https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station#:~:text=Use%20a...

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation