Can I add an Additional Camera?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dutchmaster22
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo VMS4430P Pro 2 4-Camera Indoor/Outdoor Wireless 1080p Security Camera System.

Can I add a camera to this system? If so, is there a specific camera I need to be compatible?

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dutchmaster22 wrote:

I have an Arlo VMS4430P Pro 2 4-Camera Indoor/Outdoor Wireless 1080p Security Camera System.

Can I add a camera to this system? If so, is there a specific camera I need to be compatible?

Most new Arlo camera models can connect directly to your home wifi.  The others can be connected to a VMB4xxx base (you likely have a VMB4000 or a VMB4500).

But you will need a subscription for the new camera, as Arlo stopped offering free 7-day cloud storage on new models back in 2018.  All currently sold cameras need a subscription for cloud storage.

Dutchmaster22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I already have a subscription. Would I need another one just for the one camera?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dutchmaster22 wrote:

I already have a subscription. Would I need another one just for the one camera?

That depends on the subscription.  The multicamera Arlo Secure subscription supports unlimited cameras in most places (but there is a 4 camera limit in some places - for instance Switzerland).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you only have a single camera subscription you would need to purchase another for the new camera. It may be more cost effective, especially if adding more cameras, to buy the appropriate unlimited plan.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

It may be more cost effective, especially if adding more cameras, to buy the appropriate unlimited plan.

Just keep in mind that the multicamera plan isn't unlimited in every country.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation