Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

Ac power has been disconnected from your Arlo device.Activity zones are currently disabled. and a red circle with a ! in it shows on both the Arlo pro and the Arlo pro 2.     We checked and they are online and the power is NOT OFF.   Any idea whats wrong?

364 REPLIES 364
Loadmaster65
Tutor
Tutor

Stephen B.,   thanks for info....   but  I haven't setup any activity zones on any of my Arlo Pro cameras.   So there must be a glitch in the last Firmware upgrade.

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

I am using the Android app.  I get a message of  "AC power disconnedted Activity zones disabled OK" and can not view my cameras.  I can view on my wife's app and on my PC but not my main all.  I have force stopped the app and restarted the phone.  Nothing works excepet the doorbell rhat is hard wired.  Cameras are worthless like this.  Can not view and hitting OK does nothing

Please help

Valourama
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since last week's update, my device screen shows all 4 Arlo Pro cameras are displaying an error message regarding activity zones.

It says:

AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled.

I have a 5th Arlo Pro 2 camera and it first shows the error message, but it goes away when Arlo app loads fully.
The Arlo Pro cameras cam still detect and record based on their settings, but I can't acknowledge the error message and live view through the cameras. I can live view the Arlo Pro 2 camera, because it has no error message in the device page. It should be noted that Arlo Pro cameras never came with Activity Zone functionality. Is there a way to correct this?
couvaras
Aspirant
Aspirant

Product is rubbish, their support is even worse.
Corporate minefield of fox holes getting you nowhere.

Lazy corporte greed at play
I'm moving away

dcfox1
Master
Master

As Arlo said not long ago in this thread there is a fix coming out. 

67elcamino
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

We have 4 Arlo Wire-Free cameras.  When I open the app the following message is on each camera:

"AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo devise.  Activity Zones are currently disabled."  Under that it has a green box with the word OK in it.  when you hit OK the message goes away.  Even while the message is there it detects motion and records video's.  The next time we open the app the message is back and we again have to hit OK on all 4 cameras.

I've checked all of the cords on the base station and nothing has been disconnected.  Our Wi-Fi is working correctly.  Has anyone had this problem?  Oh, I also restarted my phone and that didn't make a difference.  When I open our account on line the message is not there.

Thank you

Newcaney
Aspirant
Aspirant
I agree, this is our thanks for using their product. It's BS.
Newcaney
Aspirant
Aspirant
Oh, ok. Touching the ok button does nothing at all.
Newcaney
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sounds like they're forcing a product upgrade, but it won't be an arlo upgrade for me! Mine will be in the trash.
Loadmaster65
Tutor
Tutor

Right about that.... have to push  OK  3 or 4 times to get it to go away....

Bob0311
Apprentice
Apprentice
Try making your text size smaller. If you cant see the complete "ok" button. (Bottom) the button wont work.
Loadmaster65
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks got entire box in window,   Ok still does not respond on phone..but it does on tablet.

Anac622
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can't connect with my phone a galaxy 10e please help
Crossmktginc
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you please make this info easier to find on the Arlo website. It took me three days to get this information. At least I now know, and a bit relieved that it being looks into. There are many of your customers that feel left out of the loop.
Friscof9
Aspirant
Aspirant
After several good years, My 5 Arlo cameras all of a sudden got message "AC Power has been disconnected". Down since October 16th. What's happening? Please help.
abat
Aspirant
Aspirant
I noticed this problema few weeks back. And it's now getting super annoying. Arlo should come up with at least sooner sort of communication...when are they going to solve it? What are we supposed to do until then..etc.
Drtyant2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ridicules that they have not found a solution, seriously considering scraping Arlo and just using Ring 

Bob0311
Apprentice
Apprentice
Said they are aware of it and a fix should be out as soon as tomorrow! Their comment not mine. My stance is "we'll see" but wont hold breath!
Bob0311
Apprentice
Apprentice
Still would try by making text size smaller. No promises tho. Lol
rebelsgirl
Guide
Guide
This is what the app looks like on my phone. My computer and my husband's app, works. I can't click on the ok button. Its not clickable. I've deleted the app, restarted my phone, reset the base station, unplugged it. What else is there to do? I'm at my wits end and ready to chunk them in the trash. These are useless to me
Bob0311
Apprentice
Apprentice
Try going to your text size setting and make the text size smaller. The "ok" button should have a little clearence on the bottom portion. Easy thing to try.
Bob0311
Apprentice
Apprentice
Just looked at app pic. DEF NEED TO MAKE TEXT SIZE SMALLER
Bob0311
Apprentice
Apprentice
Should look
geefish
Aspirant
Aspirant

How did you downgrade to a lower version of the phone app?

JJR77
Aspirant
Aspirant
We have 5 cameras that are running on battery power and within the last week we now get the message "AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled"

We have never set up Activity zones so not sure why we are getting this.