Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

Ac power has been disconnected from your Arlo device.Activity zones are currently disabled. and a red circle with a ! in it shows on both the Arlo pro and the Arlo pro 2.     We checked and they are online and the power is NOT OFF.   Any idea whats wrong?

364 REPLIES 364
green1361
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem. Help or revert to old version please.
arlogarbage
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo is earning a reputation for total trash. This is what these tech companies are all about. Ripping people off. Nothing is consistent with their app. It is worthless! Ask yourselves, who is being paid at Arlo to make my property vulnerable to crime that I tried to mitigate by purchasing their trash?

It's over. You burned hundreds of dollars. It's time to look elsewhere for a product that can deliver.
Smithjr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. I get the error message on my Samsung S9 and wife's Motorola z3 Android. Alerts still work and can be viewed via the library. No problem on my Laptop, everything works as it should. I've reset and re-sync'd my 5 cameras and several other things. No luck. The last Arlo app update was on 15 Oct '20 which is when my phone began displaying the error message. My last Android update was 22 Sep '20. It looks like to me that Arlo didn't thoroughly test their 15 Oct '20 update with the Android 22 Sep '20 update.

Smithjr
Aspirant
Aspirant
cocacolamaui
Initiate
Initiate

Is there a way to start a class action suit against ARLO to have them resolve this problem immediately. Free service and accessories for 2 years?  This has been goiing on for 3 days and able to get any support from ARLO.  I have always been told that if you break you fix. Not just leave it because we don't know what to do.   I am not able to view anything on my android phone for the last 3 days. I rely on this info.   I have tried resetting and restarting my modem but to no avail.  Anyone else have any ideas that ARLO helps with????

Matzoball
Initiate
Initiate
It's very frustrating that Arlo can't seem to fix this issue.
RobCarolynn
Aspirant
Aspirant
We have had issues like this for over a year. Usually we can log out and back in and then it works again with live streaming. I have reset everything and still get the same error message since the latest update.
123456789zxcv
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is actually nothing new. It took months to get the app fixed a couple updates ago.
Tricatz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issues as everyone else. App Error Message AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled for the past couple of days. What's going on?
Cajun_Injun
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yup same here, my wife's iPhone has no issues. Almost ready to buy the iPhone 20 Pro.
Seems alot of things like iPhones better:(
haroldperry
Aspirant
Aspirant

does anyone know how to fix the problem for the wireless cameras? i get a message display on my screen saying ac power is currently disconnected from your arlo device.activity zones are currently disabled, can anyone walk me threw to fix this? i conttaced customer support and they have not gotten back to me

itsbigrob1
Tutor
Tutor

@Matzoball wrote:
It's very frustrating that Arlo can't seem to fix this issue.

Just wanted to let everyone know the only way to get that message off your Arlo cameras is you have to order Arlo smart for 9.95 per month. When the up your version they make sure the only to get rid of that message is to buy the Arlo smart . I think that really sucks for all of us pervious users to have to buy that to continue using our cameras... But after I activated I thought and paid the $9.99 it disappeared and they are working fine as before. 

jillybeanbrooks
Tutor
Tutor
Same here. Noticed it on the 17th. Very upset over this. But found i can view the camera in live view...just not the ideal way to view it.
Brad05
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I've had this system for a week and just developed this error, seems like their have issues with this version 2.21.1_28215 other have switched and its solved it.
Robban10000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Samma här men det verkar funka på IOS av någon anledning , måste väl komma en buggfix till Android inom kort hoppas jag.

guidovanwelden
Tutor
Tutor
Message "activity zones deactivated, PS not connected, OK?" covers image Arlo Pro2 on the android app, not on the IOS app.
"OK" can not be acknowledged.
Bjkl003
Aspirant
Aspirant
Jag har samma problem på min Android-lur...
sracz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same AC disconnected. Please update App.
Rowben
Tutor
Tutor
Can someone please tell me what this message means. It says AC power is disconnected and so activity Zones are no longer available. Is this a glitch and should I ignore it or does it affect the functionality of the cameras and system?
Staps
Aspirant
Aspirant

i dont see any reference to Activity zones in the settings, however if you go to a camera select "settings" and then select "video settings" i see below the picture screen a message saying pinch the corners to select your recording area, could this be the activity zone they are talking about, although i have the message, "ac power has been disconnected from your Arlo device activity zones are currently disabled," my system does appear to be working. keeping on seeing that message doesnt fill me with confidence though.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rowben wrote:
Can someone please tell me what this message means. It says AC power is disconnected and so activity Zones are no longer available. Is this a glitch and should I ignore it or does it affect the functionality of the cameras and system?

First, it looks as though a lot of pro and pro2 users are seeing this, even though it doesn't seem to apply in their situations.  So it looks like there is a bug here (introduced with the recent app update).

But to explain what it is intended to mean:

Activity zones let you reduce unwanted alerts, by letting you identify a particular part of the image that you want alerts on (telling the system not to alert you on the other parts of the system).  There are two types of activity zones: local and cloud.  Both activity zones share the same configuration setup, so it is easy to be confused on what activity zone type you are using.

Local activity zones are processed in the camera hardware itself.  Not all cameras have this hardware, and it also requires that the camera be AC powered, because the processing uses too much power to be offered on battery.  Local activity zones don't require a paid subscription.

Cloud activity zones are processed by the Arlo cloud servers.  The motion video is sent to the cloud, and it determines if motion is in the zone or not.  If it's not in the zone, the alert is supressed (but the recording is kept).  This is available for all Arlo cameras, but it requires a paid subscription.

The error message means that you have set up activity zones, but that your camera isn't AC powered at the moment, and you don't have an active paid subscription for the camera.  So neither type of activity zones can be used.

Monkeyeverton
Aspirant
Aspirant
OK so I've managed to call customer service in the UK, they are aware of this problem and are trying to resolve it, I've been given a case number and will get back to me in a couple of days, I wouldnt pay anything for a monthly subscription and the issues seem to be on Android devices. If you are in the UK this is the number I rang 0800 970 3054
logistics73
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there..I do have 4 arlo pro 2 cameras and since two days ago I can activate does cameras and in the App says Ac power has been disconnected from your arlo device..please how I can fix this?..

Thank you

KimCarson
Guide
Guide
Couldn't agree more I've talked about it on the radio and have had so many people ask me if I recommend ARLO and I always say DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE PURCHASE ANY ARLO HOME SECURITY/CAMERA PRODUCT I purchased 5 cameras and with all the unfixed problems I've had it was a huge waste if money. Same error messages about power and everything is connected. No product support do yourself a favor and save yourself the grief buy something else

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@erienadadora wrote:

BTW the adobe flash clusteryouknowhat is right around the corner. December. 

Arlo dropped flash a while ago.