Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

Ac power has been disconnected from your Arlo device.Activity zones are currently disabled. and a red circle with a ! in it shows on both the Arlo pro and the Arlo pro 2.     We checked and they are online and the power is NOT OFF.   Any idea whats wrong?

364 REPLIES 364
priest98
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see this discussion has been brought up before with no real solution. Just wondering if there is a fix now?

Pepon
Tutor
Tutor
Woke up this a.m & my cameras doing same thing. Did all basic troubleshooting & nothing. Funny thing the one camera I had charging is working perfectly. Cannot find any information as to cause or resolution.
adeyp
Aspirant
Aspirant
No,

Has yours always done it? Mine just started last week. Not sure what changed.

I'm wondering about doing a full factory reset.
Pepon
Tutor
Tutor
And even though they have the ac power disconnected message they still record & send notifications but I cannot look at them without a recording
Gardenperson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. And on my laptop when I look that message doesn't appear. It's only on the app on my phone.
It's irritating!

Mscottlogan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same problem as well just started today on 10/18. Have tried resetting the station and the cameras but not resolution. This started when I went and changed out my batteries. Not sure if my motion detection is working now
Pepon
Tutor
Tutor
I did find one post from several months ago regarding same issue & it said it eventually magically went away just like it came. Yes it is very annoying
Pepon
Tutor
Tutor
My ARE still recording. And the one that was turned off & charging is working perfectly. It is the one camera that I need the least. If anyone finds a resolution please post
Dhoot
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue.  

Dhoot
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having same issue.

James_Talbot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. It was bad enough every time I got a notification, opened the app, got rid of the two step notification, then it takes a few seconds to connect to a camera, if it even does because they don't always connect right away while recording. But now every time I open the app I have every camera telling me activity zones don't work on battery. I've never even tried to use that feature. They fix one thing and break another.

TOMLIN01
Aspirant
Aspirant
Samma sak för mig, dem svarar inte efter senaste uppdateringen. Vet någon vad som gått fel
dcfox1
Master
Master

@KennyLi wrote:

If this is a pay to play effort by Arlo, I am tossing them out. Will not put up with these money making schemes.

The AC disconnected problem is with the Lasted Android app update and Arlo stated they are aware. It is not a money making conspiracy scheme. 

gillycooper
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having same problem.... AC is disconnected... tried reset to no avail!!!!
DeJk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yesterday I started receiving message: AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled. I recv it for all 5 of my cameras. Today I'm only receiving it for three of the cameras. I'm not showing the message when I access from my computer, only from my phone app.

Xichlo2
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you haven't noticed the lack of Pro-2 stock, they are trying to discourage Non Subscription, all the new stuff is just about Subscription Only. I would like it if Arlo just gave us an Update Option to self Monitor and use our own Library for Video Storage. That way they could get rid of us nasty "Free Loaders ! I bought Arlo Pro-2 for the Free monitoring/Cloud abilities.  Its a great System to catch the Neighborhood Dirt Bags and mine has caught a bunch. Our Street is a "No Fly Zone" for the hoods, one Guardian even told his child you should have seen all the Cameras and gone someplace else in my presence.. Now we have several Pro-2 Houses down the street !  

Dtnr8b
Apprentice
Apprentice
Probably have to wait for a patch. They tend to screw something up on most of their updates. I think the last one was Oct 16.
Chris96
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also getting the "AC power has been disconnected Activity zones disabled" error on my Samsung phone and not able to get rid of it.  I reset my base station but that didn't help.  As I read in the messages here, I tried my Samsung tablet.  It too was displaying the same error in all 3 of my cameras but in the tablet, when I click the [OK] button, the message disappears and I was able to get my camera working properly again.  In the phone, I pressed the [OK] several times but nothing happens.  The error message just does not go away and all 3 cameras are just showing the error message.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Xichlo2 

The AC error on Android error is on all models including newer ones like Pro3. 

GJWB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I get this message on the 3 cameras. However by clicking on the numbered icon in bottom RH corner I get to see the camera working as normal.

Galaxy S9

Lcaliendo51
Aspirant
Aspirant
This has been going on for days.
Gardenperson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here....fine on my laptop version. It's the app that is messed up.

Obviously AC power is not used on wireless cameras....so why are we getting this useless message right on top of our 
view?

Rankled
Guide
Guide

That method doesn't appear to be live camera viewing. On my app it only takes you to past recordings in the library. With the error message bug, live viewing doesn't seem to be possible with the affected cameras.

2WheelGuy
Guide
Guide

I found a solution to the problem....uninstall the app. Then download an old version from APKmirror and install.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/arlo-technologies-inc/arlo-2/arlo-2-2-20-2_28190-release/arlo-2-20-2_2...

This got me back in business until Arlo can post a fix.

SS20
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue, just started today (10/18/20) and my Android software was updated on 10/1

6/20. I cannot get rid of the message "AC Power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled". I do not have Activity Zones set up, and do not see the option to do so in the Arlo app for any of my cameras. 

I noticed that the message will go away when the camera is plugged in for charging, but this is not helpful for actual use of the camera...