Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rectro33
Tutor
Tutor

Hi

Im try to get to the point here. I seem to have a issue with night vision and how it copes with motion.  For it to pick me up within my zones about 7 to 10 feet away I have to have motion sensitivity at 100. Problem is when a car drives past its head lights trigger off my motion.   Also take last night at 3am I got a notification but there was nothing what so ever in the video.  At 90 sensitivity I can stand at my car which is about 7 feet away and get no trigger.

Next thing is quality.  In doors the video quality seems quite good, even with hardly any ambiant light, yet outside its very bad, not a slight change of identifying anyone, can just make out a person.   I noticed also that the lighting needs changing every day as one settings is not suitable for day and night.

Thanks, Dan

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rectro33,

It sounds like the cameras position could be an issue from what you've described. Take a look at the following positioning tips for best performance: How do I position my Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?

These tips should help reduce false triggers and insure best performance when detecting motion.

JamesC

Rectro33
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you but I have been through this area, and while I think I could try to place it just one other location I feel that because it randomly works it cant be down to location or position otherwise it would consistantly fail, or consistantly work.

That being said Im not sure if the quality can be improoved because its close to a brick wall in which gets highlited quite bright.  The camera is on front of house with it positioined with a right angle bend  so the brick wall is in view first, this may have a impact on how well it iluminates areas 7 feet away?  Also it has a skin on which you can see in the camera view around the edges.  This would maybe effect quality but cant see how it effects motion being picked up?

Dan

AmesPatriot
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, my question is (like many other people), do I return the system due to the night vision issues, or hold out for a fix....?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation