Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
Jasonr002
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I refresh the still pic to create a new activity zone from a battery operated Arlo Pro 2? I moved the camera, replaced the battery but the old still pic is there. The latest software took away the camera tab for this. The camera operates perfect otherwise. 

23 REPLIES 23
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Under settings/video settings... click on the camera icon to retake a new pic

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jasonr002
Aspirant
Aspirant

None of my cameras has a camera icon in that area.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There seems to be an issue when using the app. Try using a browser.

Dave32B
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have to go to live view in order to see the camera icon. Not very intuitive.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Here is the article pertaining a few features coming back you may be interested in.

Hello Arlo Community, Thank you for sharing your feedback on the recent interface changes for iOS and Android devices that we rolled out with the Arlo App v2.6.0 update. We want you to know that we heard your concerns and our team will work diligently to address them. Your input is instrumental to ensure that our teams are able to continually enhance and improve your Arlo experience through each new update. Android users may already be aware that for the Arlo App v2.6.2 update the battery icon was reintroduced on the devices screen for each camera. We’re actively working on reinstating this feature for iOS devices. Along with the changes to the battery icon placement, the Arlo App v2.6.0 update also included changes to several other status icons including signal strength, motion and audio indicators, quick filtering, etc. Our team is currently working to restore these icons to the main devices screen and we will provide an update when available. We sincerely appreciate your candid feedback and look forward to continuing the conversation with our highly engaged community of Arlo users. Thank you, Arlo Development Team

Tfos
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is really irritating. I subscribe to your premium service and now can’t use it because of this issue
Jasonr002
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do I update the snapshot to create an activity zone? I tried the camera icon on the live feed page. That didn’t work. There is no other camera icon.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use of a browser works fine but for the apps right now use the Video Settings for the camera and use the Invert selection twice.

Jasonr002
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you!!! That worked. Now I have updated updated snap shots for the activity zones.
Pikachu-8
Aspirant
Aspirant

The invert selection button is gone after app update, so I guess I have to wait for the new updates, it mean time, use the browser to change the still image for activity.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's still there, just not Invert. It's Rotate Image 180.

easton2018
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem! Please share a solution so we can update our activity zone picture! Rotation image does not work for me
Pikachu-8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah it does work with rotate image 180. initially it did not work as the it would not connect, so it crashed. and it could not work it with double click
To make it work, have to go to video setting, click on rotate image 180 green, then get out, what it does it refresh the image, then go to activity zones, hopefully it will refresh the image, but flip upside down. press save, dont make new activity zone,

then go back out to  video setting, click on rotate image 180 so is not green, then get out, what it does it refresh the image back to normal angle, then go to activity zones, hopefully it will refresh the image by flipping upside down -180. press save, now u have new image in right way, can now  make new activity zone.

it is fiddling and long winded

good luck

Chaput87
Initiate
Initiate
It also will no longer update the snapshot for me. I used to be able to rotate the image to get it to refresh.

Seems like a big oversight on basic functionality
Bigfootcnc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep, worked for me just like was said.

Tfos
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don’t understand Arlo. Why can’t you just fix your crap? You obviously messed this up and no response to fixing it?
LocoMike
Aspirant
Aspirant

New user. I have fought with this issue following all tricks explained above. No Joy.

Seems App software engineering is having a hard time keeping up with new features and cameras.

This issue would have inclined me to buy another more robust system that isn’t necessarily ‘wireless’.

Jasonr002
Aspirant
Aspirant
BobRB
Tutor
Tutor

I have a camera that kept losing the wifi signal and disconnecting itself. To troubleshoot the problem I replaced this problem camera ( call it camera A ) with a different camera ( call it camera B ). Camera B is working good at the old camera A location without disconnecting.

Here's my problem: I had Camera B set up with an Activity Zone at it's previous location. However, now when I go in to try and set an Activity Zone on Camera B it's still showing its previous view and not the new view it's seeing in it's new location.

I've tried everything to reset the Activity Zone View (where the zones are set) but nothing works.  I hope you understand what I'm saying in this previous sentence. i.e., the camera's view is of it's last position. For some reason, even though I've moved the camera to a new position the Activity Zone view is of it's previous view.  And I find know way to be able to delete it or change it.

Like I mentioned I've tried everything including completely deleting the camera from the Base Station and then adding it back to the Base Station, to know avail. I don't understand, but I will say one thing; this whole activity zone situation is really confusing. One last question: Is there any written documentation that goes into detail about setting up Activity Zones.  All the documentation I've found on the Arlo web site doesn't cover anything regarding upgrading to the Arlo Smar Premier or any of the other Subscriptions.

Please help.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried setting the zone to the full view and/or swiping the zone away on the app (can't remember if it's swipe right or left)?

GandL
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not impressed with the cameras, as much as we paid for them, and for the raving reviews it got. I set up a ticket with NetGear support and they haven't called me back. After working with them for over 45 minutes on this, resyncing cameras, Battery in and out, plugged in and not, I cannot get the pictures reset to include our new View under Video Settings, Pan and Zoom. I read a suggestion to click on the camera icon and there is none.  

I had to move the cameras to a different area since i first set the cameras up at night, the Video Setting Pan and Zoom view is still set to the night time picture and area it was in over a month ago. This is not what I would expect after resetting etc. 

Please do not mark this review as Solved ! Go to the Solution, if this is not fixed with the ARLO company and you are still working to resolve these types of issues with and if you have to figure this out for all customers complaining of the same issue. I am frustrated. Help if you can please. I read you had it resolved in 2016 reviews, so I kept reading to see that you still are working on it. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can also use the web interface or go to the camera video settings and rotate the image twice.

LocoMike
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bottom line both Android and more especially IOS app are a joke. Almost to the point the don’t seem professionally designed, debugged and tested before distribution. It’s a shame because the HARDWARE is top notch. That’s why I purchased. Unfortunately I had no idea the APPS were rudimentary.

The only reliable way I have found to change your pic (every time) is to do it from a desktop. I am actually carrying an extra Android device to supplement my IPhone because each has a little functionality in different areas.

Since my purchase a few weeks ago, I have dissuaded at least 4 different people from ARLO because of their APPS.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation