New iOS App: now there is no way to view my recorded views without paying Arlo

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cortesr
Aspirant
Aspirant

100% frustration from Arlo with the new iOS app.  I bought an Arlo hub years ago and I've been able to view my camera recordings for two cameras on my local hub without issue but now there is no way to view my recorded views without paying Arlo a few.  I'm done.  I won't be surprised if Arlo is out of the market soon.  I just put an order in for a Eufy system with HomeKit (via their hub) support.  I'll be glad to get rid of Arlo for good.  Good luck with forcing users to buy your subscription.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@cortesr wrote:

And I must've selected the pull down value wrong when I filled out this form and post here's the exact model I have:    Arlo Ultra - 4K UHD Wire-Free Security 2 Camera System | Indoor/Outdoor Security Cameras with Color Night Vision, 180° View, 2-Way Audio, Spotlight

Ultras have always needed a subscription to get cloud recordings.  But there is a "direct access to local recording" feature that many use instead of getting the subscription.

You can still see those videos in the app, but they are in a different spot.  They aren't in "Feed".  Instead you need to go to the devices page, select the smarthub there, and then go to "storage settings"

Note there is currently a bug with port forwarding - it works on the Android app, but not the iOS app.  Using a home VPN will work with iOS.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@cortesr wrote:

I bought an Arlo hub years ago and I've been able to view my camera recordings for two cameras on my local hub without issue but now there is no way to view my recorded views without paying Arlo a few. 

That's not correct.  7-day free cloud recording is still provided for Pro 2 cameras.

But there is an issue where some systems stopped detecting motion and saving recordings.  The mods can fix that remotely, so I am tagging them for you:  @BrookeN , @ShayneS , @JamesC .

Other users have reported that normal operation is restored if you remove one camera from the account and then add it back.  But there can be challenges when installing cameras, so you might wait a bit and see if the mods can help.

cortesr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I appreciate your response. I'm actually not even going to investigate it further because I used to have the ability to go back more than 30 days to look at all my videos.  Super frustrating.  

And I must've selected the pull down value wrong when I filled out this form and post here's the exact model I have:    Arlo Ultra - 4K UHD Wire-Free Security 2 Camera System | Indoor/Outdoor Security Cameras with Color Night Vision, 180° View, 2-Way Audio, Spotlight

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@cortesr wrote:

Ultras have always needed a subscription to get cloud recordings.  But there is a "direct access to local recording" feature that many use instead of getting the subscription.

You can still see those videos in the app, but they are in a different spot.  They aren't in "Feed".  Instead you need to go to the devices page, select the smarthub there, and then go to "storage settings"

Note there is currently a bug with port forwarding - it works on the Android app, but not the iOS app.  Using a home VPN will work with iOS.

cortesr
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, that actually fixes the issue for me but unfortunately Arlo just frustrated me way too much over the years so I've already placed my order for a Eufy replacement.  I feel like I keep getting the upsell to the subscription model on Arlo.  And I have never subscribed to anything I've always use my local hub. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation