Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New base station for the Arlo Pro 2? Is this a new Base Station or has it been upgraded?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JustAnElf2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Greetings one and all,

I was at the store today and noticed that the Arlo Pro 2 box had a different looking base station. The device is more streamlined.  Does anyone know if this is the same base station as before, or has the inside been upgraded?  

If the insides are newer, can we buy the base station separately?  

3 REPLIES 3
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

It is a new "hub" and not just the old one put in a new case. The newer "form factor" is common to all new Arlo systems, including Ultra and Pro 3.

You need to know the model number of the hub to work out what functions it provides. Then one thing to look out for is the presence of a siren. The original hub had a siren built in. Some later hubs lack that. Pro 3 and Ultra cameras have sirens built in.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
JustAnElf2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you for the information.  I'm not too concerned about the siren in the hub because I have secondary sirens that go off if needed. 

At my location I have a large number of Arlo Pro 2 cameras, and I'm looking for a reasonably priced upgrade path to get to the Arlo Pro 3's,  From what I can surmise there really isn't one.  In some cases it's actually cheaper to go with their competition than it is to replace what I already have.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@JustAnElf2 wrote:

In some cases it's actually cheaper to go with their competition than it is to replace what I already have.

That's your call. But going with the competition may mean that you have to ditch the Arlo Pro 2 cameras or run two separate systems.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation