Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO2 camera and 24/7 support big disappointment

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jpry1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 cameras, arlo2, they used to work well past 2 years...THEN problems with Adobe Flash Drive.  I actually have to log in twice to view cameras or recordings.  God for bid something wrong/bad was happening at my house, it would take me 5 minutes or more to log in!?!

Spoke with 24/7 'Tech Support, no one seems to speak good English..when said and done, the tech girl gave an 800 number to call....it was for the Geek Squad at Best Buy \0/  WOW

I would NEVER recommend these cameras.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jpry1 wrote:

Chrome 77 on 8.1 Windows,

@StephenB i see now where Chrome and Firefox do not allow Flash as a default, how do I get around that?

thanks, 

With Chrome, you click on the padlock right next to the URL (my.arlo.com) right after you log in. You'll see a pop-up that lets you allow flash. Do that, and you'll see a "reload" button appear at the top of the page.  Click that.

After the reload, you will need to log in again.  But flash will work.

The "allow flash" is moderately sticky - I don't need to re-do it every single time I log in.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jpry1

What exactly is the issue you are experiencing? is this with the web browser & the flash player?

jpry1
Aspirant
Aspirant

A newer version Flash is required.  I get this all the time now, and yes I have downloaded newer version.  I have to accept and sign back in...its annoying and to have the ARLO tech people come back and say call this 800 number...the geek squad at Best Buy....doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy 

tried pasting pic to no avail, 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jpry1 wrote:

A newer version Flash is required.  I get this all the time now, and yes I have downloaded newer version. 

What browser are you using?

jpry1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, Chrome 77 on 8.1 Windows

jpry1
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB i see now where Chrome and Firefox do not allow Flash as a default, how do I get around that?

thanks, 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jpry1 wrote:

thanks, 

With Chrome, you click on the padlock right next to the URL (my.arlo.com) right after you log in. You'll see a pop-up that lets you allow flash. Do that, and you'll see a "reload" button appear at the top of the page.  Click that.

After the reload, you will need to log in again.  But flash will work.

The "allow flash" is moderately sticky - I don't need to re-do it every single time I log in.

jpry1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, its kind of pain but least my cell phone phone works fine

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jpry1 wrote:

... its kind of pain ...

Agreed.  Though less of a pain than the steps needed with FireFox or Edge.   

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

i see now where Chrome and Firefox do not allow Flash as a default, how do I get around that?

There's a similar Firefox trick to the chrome one suggested by @StephenB.

Up to the left of the "address" windows there is a row of icons. The "lego" brick is "Manage plug-in use". Click it and allow flash.

Unlike Chrome, it seems, this isn't sticky.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation