Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New announced Arlo App not in Android Play Store

Discussion stats
Chris-W
Follower
Follower

Is anyone else facing the same issue? I followed the link given by Arlo to a dead end in the Play Store.

Tried manually searching in the the store and only the old legacy app shows up.

Please help!

61 REPLIES 61
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a new update now available. There appears to have been a discontinuity between removing the old and adding the new app. Should be fine now.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a new update now available. There appears to have been a discontinuity between removing the old and adding the new app. Should be fine now.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlouser2019
Initiate
Initiate
Yes I can confirm this morning the new Arlo app appeared in the Google Play store (it was not there yesterday). I have since been able to set up and connect all my devices through the new app. As the original poster suggests, some better communication from the company on this would have gone a long way...
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

So play store notification said there was an Arlo app update and said updating but it is still showing the Sept, 23 vers..  So is there an update or not, anyone.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you want to sideload the app?   There are of course risks when you do that (you really don't know if the apk is fully legit or not).  But there are several sites you could use for this, including apkmirror.com.

Did you try searching for Arlo Technologies in the play store?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Search for "Arlo Technologies".

HHT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ah, it is thanks for the heads up. Strange way of doing things.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Android shows the same thing.

Version 2.9.2_25930

Released 09/23/19.

(What sort of nutter uses that confusing date label? It is 23/09/2019 in the real world.)

Something odd is going on.

I can no longer see the Arlo App on the Play store.

Arlo - Apps on Google Play

or the link from here:

Arlo | Support | Support Home

What is going on?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
WeeBob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Apologies if I'm late to the party here but have been away and just got back into Arlo and App (running on Android on Samsung S6) has been downgraded to Legacy and when I click on download for the new App I get the message from the Play store that "item not found". I also cannot find anything directly on the Play store? Now Arlo won't get status from cameras? One of the device serial numbers is 52M17C7HB50BD  and hardware is H3 . It may be a Pro2 I can't remember.

Ziya
Apprentice
Apprentice
I cant find the arlo app on google play store. It seems to have disappeared. Im now without an app to view/control my cameras!
XxprowlerxX
Aspirant
Aspirant
Uninstalled there app and it cannot be found anymore in the playstore.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Something is going on this past weekend - this happened on Saturday, too. I don't know if it's an Arlo or Google issue but right now the Arlo app is MIA.

@JamesC, can you give us any insight?

jenkins1967
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it appeared again and I installed it.

I'm having an unrelated problem with my phone. I had to wipe the phone. I went to reinstall the app and...it's gone again. Is this the kind of experience I should expect from Arlo? I still have a few days where I can return the kit. I'm thinking I might because this is just awful.

The_Crople
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still not in the play store in Australia.
App has had issues for last couple of days but can't try a reinstall.
Push notifications suddenly stopped after working for last 6-8 weeks fine.
What is going on this is utterly frustrating
redsoxfan44
Apprentice
Apprentice

Was it just there for a day?    It's gone now.    I'm just sticking with Legacy for now.  Seems good enough once I eventually got past setting things up.   Apparently, they have no quality control.  Seems like the user base is the testing department????    "Put it out there and see what complaints come in"   is that their business model?

And each time they remove it from Google Play, do all the bad reviews go away with it?   

I see original post marked Solved.  Should be Un-solved.   I didn't see an option that allowed me to do that.  

333Luz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Experiencing same issue...I still could not download the app on Samsung cell today...
333Luz
Aspirant
Aspirant
The Google app link does not work on Samsung S8 cell phone
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

very strange had to check after seeing this and sure enough missing from google play but still in the apple app store.

LATaylor
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey there...
I just checked the Google Play store and all I can find is the old Legacy app. What am I doing wrong? Should I search for something other than Arlo?
yepnothanks
Initiate
Initiate

URL posted on Arlo.com for the new app is not valid. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arlo.app

Response:

We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server.

Only the legacy app is listed when searching for Arlo.

Kyfan
Tutor
Tutor
I was able to get it on the Amazon App store but not the Google play store.
LATaylor
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can't find the app in the google play store today, 10/14/19. I searched for Arlo and got only the Legacy app. Should I be doing something different?
MacPac05
Guide
Guide
The *new* app was inadvertently uninstalled from my phone. It is nowhere in the Google play store now. And the old app won't log in any longer. This is so frustrating. All of this on top of all 3 of my cameras detecting motion, sending me a notification (before the uninstall) but have not recorded anything in 3 days. I have been very happy with my Arlo system until this week. Complete mess.