Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Chris-W
Follower
Follower

Is anyone else facing the same issue? I followed the link given by Arlo to a dead end in the Play Store.

Tried manually searching in the the store and only the old legacy app shows up.

Please help!

61 REPLIES 61
jenkins1967
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue. It was there, then it was gone. Then it was there again. Now's it gone again. Currently, as of this writing, the app is not available.

I just bought my camera kit. I'm thinking of returning it.  How can a company of this level be so amateurish?

jenkins1967
Aspirant
Aspirant

"We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server."

Joess
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was thinking the same thing..but the old app was giving us some sorta camera..then I did get to install the new app Saturday and all the available features came alive..I would hang in a couple days and see if it returns.
LATaylor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ha, I just now saw that too.  What a mess.

jenkins1967
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are having a very similar experience.

That said, I'm losing my patience. This kit was really expensive. They remove the app and, from one I can tell, don't communicate anything to customers about:

1. Why it was removed
  2. When it will return
Joess
Aspirant
Aspirant
I would call customer service. I did on Saturday and they told me to install the original app "Arlo legacy"..and it would work until the new app was available. By Sunday morning it was available again..it did open up some more features. Hopefully they will get this straightened out soon. I will say the video is awesome. It is so clear it looks fake..and every time I load from the app it only buffers for about 5 seconds and plays out great.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our team is aware that the Arlo App is not currently available in the Google Play Store. We are working to resolve this and expect the Arlo App will be available in the Google Play Store soon. We will provide an update when the Arlo App becomes available in the Google Play Store.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We want to let everyone know that the Arlo app is now available in the Google Play Store. Let us know if you're still not seeing the app in the Google Play Store.

yepnothanks
Initiate
Initiate

@netgear 

Are you kidding?  This has actually been reported a couple days ago? 

What garbage!  Your app is slow. Cameras take a while to initialize after connecting.  You update your app by forcing us to uninstall and install a new app.  You cut access via original app. Now you don't even have the app posted on the Android app store.  To add further insult, you don't offer direct download of the app.   

GARBAGE

I will cut my losses and switch to a localized solution and connect to it via VPN.     

Goodbye Netgear Arlo.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

for those who were wondering, the play store now has the Arlo app back and it's showing todays date

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@LandJS wrote:

for those who were wondering, the play store now has the Arlo app back and it's showing todays date

It has been on and off the Play store over the past couple of days.

The new Arlo app now shows up if you get your device to look for updates.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
The_Crople
Aspirant
Aspirant

All good and back to working as expected for me now.
Push notifications starting triggering again today automatically after receiving nothing for a few days prior to that.

Happy to be back to normal functionality, hopefully it stays this way