Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Chris-W
Follower
Follower

Is anyone else facing the same issue? I followed the link given by Arlo to a dead end in the Play Store.

Tried manually searching in the the store and only the old legacy app shows up.

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We want to let everyone know that the Arlo app is now available in the Google Play Store. Let us know if you're still not seeing the app in the Google Play Store.

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're absolutely right! Maybe a new version is being deployed (maybe). I tried on two devices as well as using a browser. I then used the link supplied by the banner displayed in these forums with a "not found" message. You can try the legacy app for now but I would contact support (use the Contact Support link at the bottom here) and let them know.

@JamesC 

redsoxfan44
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just purchased a camera and there is no app in the Android appstore.  All I see is the Legacy app with discontinued support as of 2 weeks ago.    Am I supposed to install that one?   The link to the app on Google Play on the Arlo website gets an error.   Apparently, they removed it with all the complaints.   Would hate to get it all set up on one app and be forced to re-do it all later to the new app.

also, my model # (VMS4130P) did not pop up in the list of choices on this form.  

Not a good introduction to Arlo!   Should I return my camera before I undo all the packaging?  

I'm reading the quick setup guide and it was published April 2018.  I feel like I am in a time warp!   No wonder the camera was on sale  😀

Sibeomk
Aspirant
Aspirant
I cannot update my app now.
Somebody know how i get new app for my android phone?
Gatekeeper89
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here. Any solutions yet?

Nick_O
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue, the google play link is bad. Come on Arlo!!!

arloapp.JPG

Joess
Aspirant
Aspirant
Purchased a pro 2 set up today and no app found?..any info available?
Nygarderk
Guide
Guide

Same issue here on new phone, I think that our phones are not supported. I downloaded from apkmirror and the view in fullscreen is not aligned due to my phones resolution. I got a Oneplus 7T

Arloguy411
Guide
Guide

I am extremely frustrated.

First, the 'legacy' app stops working and I have to investigate what's going on... find out I need a new app. Okay, fine.

That was literally just over a week ago... 

Today, my doorbell rings. I get the notification. But, when I go into the (new) app, I'm unable to select Oct 11th. So I can not see who is at my door. The footage does not show up until 5 minutes later.

I obviously can't have that... so I figure there must be an update and I go to the google play store. But, what's this? The new app is no longer in the store, only the legacy.

I am livid. There is absolutely ZERO communication with users. And this situation is unacceptable.  Why is the new app no longer in the store? Why are there no chat techs available?  Does anyone know what's happening? Arlo owes us an explanation and Android users need to be constipated if we can't even use our cameras.   

Arloguy411
Guide
Guide

Yeah, I downloaded the new app just over a week ago. It  stopped working today. I just posted about the app not being in the store.

Arlo needs to tell us what's happening and they need to make it right.

Jay182
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does anyone happen to have a download link for the new arlo app apk or something else. Unfortunately I cannot get it on play store and have tried amazon and it just keeps downloading then saying installing then go back to would you like to download. I currently have the arlo legacy app installed and it seems to be working still but keeps telling me to update and again everytime I press updates it can not find anything not even the app itself. Thanks.
Arlouser2019
Initiate
Initiate
Just bought a new Arlo system today with two cameras and doorbell. Links to download Android app say "Item not found" and can't find Arlo in Google Play, only Arlo Legacy. Downloaded Legacy but it keeps prompting to update, which again result in Item Not Found in Google Play store. Legacy app doesn't work properly, saying Home Base is offline and won't allow me to install doorbell. Chat service doesn't respond and phone call to support had no response over being on hold for an hour. Not impressed so far with this company and will probably return the device if not resolved in next day or so.
UnknownE
Aspirant
Aspirant
Where is the new app in Google play ? If you search for it , it says item not found , if you click any link on arlo website it takes you Google play and then says item not found . What am I missing here because i am confused as to why i cant find the app anywhere on Google play.
Kyfan
Tutor
Tutor
I had the exact same problem today. Just bought a set of cameras and flood lights, but couldn't connect any of them because "the base is offline."

HOWEVER, I did find a work around. The new app is available on Apple. I was able to connect all the cameras and lights to the base using a friend's iPhone. Then just signed back in on my Pixel and am able to control and view all the devices.
Chatidk
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi, yesterday i bought the latest samsaung galaxy 10e, on my old huawei i could install the new arlo app, but with the new samsung 10e i can't find the new arlo app, can only find arlo legacy which is no longer supported.

Arloguy411
Guide
Guide

Hmm, so are they trying to push out Samsung phone users? 

No chat agents, someone above said they called and waited on hold for an hour with no response.

We need to get the bottom of this. 

JLWyc
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has anyone else tried to install the new Arlo app from play store and find it's not there?... Only the legacy is there.
jenkins1967
Aspirant
Aspirant
I purchased the Arlo 2 pro kit yesterday. I went to install the app and the only thing in the Google play store is Arlo legacy. I tried the link on the Arlo site and I only get "item not found." Where did the App go? It's hard to use the cameras without the app.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

You can't find this?

Arlo - Apps on Google Play

or the link from here?

Arlo | Support | Support Home

My experience is that even when an Android device is deemed "not compatible" it will show up in the app store, but with a warning to that effect.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Nygarderk
Guide
Guide
Is there now, didnt show up yesterday
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Nygarderk wrote:
Is there now, didnt show up yesterday

I posted those links here a day or so ago.

Maybe a cache thing somewhere.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Joess
Aspirant
Aspirant
All good now! Received a link this morning that worked! Thanks
HHT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep, trying to set up a new phone and arlo is missing in action. pretty poor effort to be honest.

Love some reasoning and a fix arlo!

Kyfan
Tutor
Tutor
Try downloading the Amazon App Store app, then downloading the new Arlo app from there. It's another work around that just worked for me.

The Arlo legacy app from Google play failed this morning on Android, and wouldn't connect to any cameras.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I see it now (was missing yesterday) A new version so I guess there was a lag between removing the old version and replacing it with the new one for some reason.