Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dmatt56
Star
Star

I purchased a new Pro2 camera for my existing Arlo Pro 2 system. I'm having the following issues:

1) I'm trying to add this camera to my existing custom MODE, but it's saying that I must upgrade to a Smart Plan to be able to record when triggered by motion.  Why do I have to upgrade for existing mode when the other attached cameras work?

2) in the app, it no longer allows me to toggle local storage on my base station.  What happened?  why did this feature go away?

@JamesC @Arlo-Greg Can someone help?  It seems like the app is requiring me to upgrade to SMART for using my previously working Arlo Pro 2 features.  I simply added another Pro2 camera to my existing system and now legacy features are locked from this camera but not my old cameras....

Thanks,

Matt

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dmatt56 wrote:

I simply added another Pro2 camera to my existing system and now legacy features are locked from this camera but not my old cameras....

Does the new camera take you over the 5-camera limit for the free services?

dmatt56
Star
Star

Hello,

No, I have two base stations.  The older one (that stopped allowing modes) has four cameras now (up from 3). The other base has 3.

Thanks,

Matt

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

But that's over 5 cameras - are you using two accounts to split them up?

dmatt56
Star
Star

Hello,

Yes, I have 2 accounts and 2 base stations

Thanks,

matt

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dmatt56 wrote:

Yes, I have 2 accounts and 2 base stations

Are you seeing the problem when you use the account that has the new camera in it?  Or are you only seeing it on an account with granted access?

dmatt56
Star
Star
Both. So I could not add a new camera to and existing mode one my old base. And, there’s no geo on the new base.

Thanks
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation