Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Watching live on desktop Adobe Flash issue

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
remltr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know there are a ton of posts about Adobe Flash issues. I have read many of them, but not the one that will solve my problem.

Installed Flash (32) and I still get the notification that I need to update Flash.

Mac Laptop Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Firefox

I can use Safari, as I got that working. But I prefer to use Firefox.

Any solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@remltr wrote:

I know there are a ton of posts about Adobe Flash issues. I have read many of them, but not the one that will solve my problem.

Only you know which of those many posts you read and followed, but I would be very surprised if the standard Firefox manoeuvre did not work.

@remltr wrote:

Installed Flash (32) and I still get the notification that I need to update Flash.

You will always see that notification, until Arlo fixes its outdated technology. That warning goes with the territory. You have to dismiss it on  a per session basis.

Tell Firefox to allow Flash to run using the appropriate icon (see diagram below) and it should work. Until you start Firefox again.

Flashicon.jpg

If this does not work for you, then you will have to provide more details so that someone can try to work out what is different on your system that frustrates the move that works for nearly everyone else.

PS Here's another satisfied customer:

Re: prompts to update Flash even after I have inst... - Arlo Community

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@remltr wrote:

Only you know which of those many posts you read and followed, but I would be very surprised if the standard Firefox manoeuvre did not work.

@remltr wrote:

You will always see that notification, until Arlo fixes its outdated technology. That warning goes with the territory. You have to dismiss it on  a per session basis.

Tell Firefox to allow Flash to run using the appropriate icon (see diagram below) and it should work. Until you start Firefox again.

Flashicon.jpg

If this does not work for you, then you will have to provide more details so that someone can try to work out what is different on your system that frustrates the move that works for nearly everyone else.

PS Here's another satisfied customer:

Re: prompts to update Flash even after I have inst... - Arlo Community

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
remltr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Michael, that worked and I learned something new today.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation