Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Reply
Aspirant

Re: Arlo App Update - Arlo Legacy

Downloaded the new app that was required but now cameras are not working at all.

Message 151 of 190
Aspirant

Re: New Arlo app?

I downloaded new app but now all cameras aren't working at all.

Message 152 of 190
Aspirant

Re: Arlo App Uit pdate - Arlo Legacy

I downloaded new app thry play store which it says you can. then I uninstalled old app. Now all cameras are not working. only work if viewing live. Wont trigger motion sencors or record. 

Message 153 of 190
Aspirant

Re: Arlo App

It stated you can download new app thru google play store on Android devices. I did that but now all my cameras arent working at all.

Message 154 of 190
Apprentice

Re: Arlo App Update - Arlo Legacy

That should do it!

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Message 155 of 190
Apprentice

Re: Arlo App

You may have to reset your base station and let them all reconnect, even if you have to manually reset each one. It should work just fine. I didn't have to, but just a thought. I'm no expert.

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Message 156 of 190
Aspirant

Re: Arlo App

I did do that but not working.

Message 157 of 190
Apprentice

Re: Arlo App

Are you clearing notifications on your phone? If not, just because you view them, the number on your app won't go away. When you clear notifications, the number will go away whether you delete the video clips or not. Hope that  helps.

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Message 158 of 190
Star

Re: Arlo App


@Pokiemom wrote:

Are you clearing notifications on your phone? If not, just because you view them, the number on your app won't go away. When you clear notifications, the number will go away whether you delete the video clips or not. Hope that  helps.


That's not true.  Everything was working fine with the previous app.  I just checked, and clearing notifications has no effect on the "unread" counter on the app icon.  The only thing that will make it go away is by clicking on the Library tab in the app--but the next time motion is triggered, the counter will balloon up to include ALL the clips for the week again.

Message 159 of 190
Apprentice

Re: Arlo App

I only have experience on my Android phone, and my remarks are based on my own experience. I am NOT an expert, just trying to help problem solve.  All I can add is to go to the app on your phone, go to settings, and see if you're overlooking something particular to your own phone. Sorry, that is the extent of my knowledge.

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Message 160 of 190
Star

Re: Arlo App


@Pokiemom wrote:

I only have experience on my Android phone, and my remarks are based on my own experience. I am NOT an expert, just trying to help problem solve.  All I can add is to go to the app on your phone, go to settings, and see if you're overlooking something particular to your own phone. Sorry, that is the extent of my knowledge.


I appreciate the attempt at help.  However, I'm using a different phone (iPhone) with a different operating system (iOS12).  I can assure you that your suggestions for clearing notifications do not work in my case.

Message 161 of 190
Aspirant

Re: Arlo App

the new update doesnt work for ios 13. customer service stated that. it only takes one person to get burglarized or brutally attacked or killed because the arlo didnt give a warning which could bring this company to its knees
Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Message 162 of 190
Apprentice

Re: Arlo App

From what I'm reading all over the place, the iOS update is known to have issues, and Arlo is working to fix them before the Legacy app no longer functions.  Hang in there. I believe in the product.

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Message 163 of 190
Apprentice

Re: Arlo App

I don't care to debate, but this statement is unfair.  We are, as individuals, responsible for our own personal safety and well-being.  The world is much too litigation happy these days.  I believe the issues will be corrected soon.  No system is perfect.  Motion sensor operated security lights, trimming shrubs away from entrances, etc. are all good deterrents. And potential bad actors won't know you're having software issues, so the visible cameras help.  No, it's not ideal, and I share your frustration because I had issues for a few days due to my own limited understanding of the process of updating the app, and of course I felt vulnerable, but I was able to reach out and resolve it. Try a little patience.   

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Message 164 of 190
Apprentice

Re: Arlo App

Have you read and understood the terms and conditions when you created an Arlo account?
Message 165 of 190
Apprentice

Re: Arlo App

20 years law office experience,  not debating, nor responding further.

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Message 166 of 190
Apprentice

Re: Arlo App

Sorry, my comment was directed toward the person that posted:


the new update doesnt work for ios 13. customer service stated that. it only takes one person to get burglarized or brutally attacked or killed because the arlo didnt give a warning which could bring this company to its knees”
Message 167 of 190

Re: Arlo App


@krypttic wrote:

@Pokiemom wrote:

I only have experience on my Android phone, and my remarks are based on my own experience. I am NOT an expert, just trying to help problem solve.  All I can add is to go to the app on your phone, go to settings, and see if you're overlooking something particular to your own phone. Sorry, that is the extent of my knowledge.


I appreciate the attempt at help.  However, I'm using a different phone (iPhone) with a different operating system (iOS12).  I can assure you that your suggestions for clearing notifications do not work in my case.


Correct.  You should not have to clear notifications on iOS.  I can’t speak for Android.  I’m running iOS 12.4.1 and Arlo app version 2.8.  The new video count clears when I view the library and the count stays cleared.  However, I also did not download the update to the legacy app.  I still have version 2.7.14 of the old app loaded.  With that app loaded and in the same app folder on my iOS screen, I see the count of new videos doubled until I view the library on the new app and I still see the actual count of the (previously) new images on the old app and at the group level until I open the old app and also open the library in the old app.

 

Are you possibly seeing the unread count at a group or folder level due to having the old version of the app still on your phone and perhaps in the same app folder?  

 

Those are my only two thoughts..,the folder level count due to the old app still being around or perhaps the new version of the legacy app behaving differently than 2.7.14.  Other than that, I have no clue why you would experience this and I don’t.  I am traveling and have not touched any of my Arlo base stations or cameras and I have not even power cycled the base stations remotely.  I just installed the new app and accepted all of the prompts for location and notifications, etc.  Then I had a heck of a time setting my Geofencing back up on 12 Geofencing devices, but after that, all devices show the proper status.  I have not been home yet to see if they Geofencing status adjusts properly when I’m home.  However, the new video count does reset properly for me.

 

You could try deleting the new Arlo app (and the Arlo Legacy app, if you downloaded that version) from your phone and reinstalling the new app.  This can also involve force closing the app and power cycling your mobile device after deleting and before reinstalling...and possibly even making changes to the iCloud storage setting for the Arlo app to make sure no old data is persistent in iCloud between the deletion and reloading of the app.  That’s a little more work.  I’ve gone though these steps when trying to fix some previous problems, but I didn’t do any of that when I installed version 2.8 on iOS 12.4.1.

Message 168 of 190
Star

Re: Arlo App


@AncientGeek wrote:

@krypttic wrote:

@Pokiemom wrote:

I only have experience on my Android phone, and my remarks are based on my own experience. I am NOT an expert, just trying to help problem solve.  All I can add is to go to the app on your phone, go to settings, and see if you're overlooking something particular to your own phone. Sorry, that is the extent of my knowledge.


I appreciate the attempt at help.  However, I'm using a different phone (iPhone) with a different operating system (iOS12).  I can assure you that your suggestions for clearing notifications do not work in my case.


Correct.  You should not have to clear notifications on iOS.  I can’t speak for Android.  I’m running iOS 12.4.1 and Arlo app version 2.8.  The new video count clears when I view the library and the count stays cleared.  However, I also did not download the update to the legacy app.  I still have version 2.7.14 of the old app loaded.  With that app loaded and in the same app folder on my iOS screen, I see the count of new videos doubled until I view the library on the new app and I still see the actual count of the (previously) new images on the old app and at the group level until I open the old app and also open the library in the old app.

 

Are you possibly seeing the unread count at a group or folder level due to having the old version of the app still on your phone and perhaps in the same app folder?  

 

Those are my only two thoughts..,the folder level count due to the old app still being around or perhaps the new version of the legacy app behaving differently than 2.7.14.  Other than that, I have no clue why you would experience this and I don’t.  I am traveling and have not touched any of my Arlo base stations or cameras and I have not even power cycled the base stations remotely.  I just installed the new app and accepted all of the prompts for location and notifications, etc.  Then I had a heck of a time setting my Geofencing back up on 12 Geofencing devices, but after that, all devices show the proper status.  I have not been home yet to see if they Geofencing status adjusts properly when I’m home.  However, the new video count does reset properly for me.

 

You could try deleting the new Arlo app (and the Arlo Legacy app, if you downloaded that version) from your phone and reinstalling the new app.  This can also involve force closing the app and power cycling your mobile device after deleting and before reinstalling...and possibly even making changes to the iCloud storage setting for the Arlo app to make sure no old data is persistent in iCloud between the deletion and reloading of the app.  That’s a little more work.  I’ve gone though these steps when trying to fix some previous problems, but I didn’t do any of that when I installed version 2.8 on iOS 12.4.1.


Yeah, I deleted the Legacy app the same day I downloaded the new Arlo app (per their instructions).  I guess I should try deleting and reinstalling the Arlo app to see if that fixes the rolling notifications?  Will I lose any settings or anything if I do this, or are all of the rules, etc. stored on the base station?

Message 169 of 190
Luminary

Re: Arlo App

I think this will only work for US customers. Outside US they are not reliable regarding claims as a result from a crappy system update.
Message 170 of 190
Initiate

Re: New Arlo app?

If you hate the company so much then don’t buy into it or switch.
Message 171 of 190
Aspirant

Re: New Arlo app?

Reviews of the new app are pretty bad.  I'd prefer to wait until the bugs are fixed before installing it.  So, I’d like to ask if the legacy app will indeed be inoperable after September 30.  I understand it will no longer be supported.  

Message 172 of 190
Guide

Re: New Arlo app?

Why so much whining?  I've experienced no interruption of service.  Have you?  I just came to find out what the deal is with the legacy app, and can't believe how many whining "adults" there are.  I found my answer, I'm satisfied, I'm moving on with life and not crying about it.  Try it sometime!  Or maybe practice sitting on your hands.

Message 173 of 190
Guide

Re: Arlo App

I have no problem with this and it makes sense.  I'm blown away by how many eeeejits are crying about it like their lives depend on the app functioning.  I've had zero disruption of service, I get why it's occuring, and I look forward to my phone automatically downloading the new app with zero issues.  Calm down people.  Your misplaced anger about a security camera system is quite amuzing.  (by amuzing I mean infantile).  

Message 174 of 190
Luminary

Re: Arlo App

Good for you if it works for you. For many others it doesn’t! If you’re fine why commenting on others people problems or are you just trolling around here mate?
Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station, VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera, ALS1101 | Arlo Security Light
Message 175 of 190