Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 68 Replies
  • 16 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
NYR99JF
Star
Star

Hi all, first time on this forum and did a search and tried everything I found. 

I have 2 Arlo Pro 2 Cameras. Since Arlo did there software update a few weeks ago, Ive been having issues with cameras. First they were both able to view Live feed video but only one would record to the library when motion was detected and the other didn't. I was able to get the cameras today and disconnected everything and reconnected both. After several times doing this I finally got the cameras to both record motion and save to library but can't get live feed on either! All I get on both cares from my phone (iPhone 12 Pro Max) is a continuos spinning circle! Can anyone help out here Im literally stumped. I refuse to pay for a subscription for technical help...I think thats insane when everything was working great before there update.

Thanks 

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

HI @NYR99JF

The Arlo development team is now currently investigating this issue. I will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community. 

68 REPLIES 68
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @Barney999

You can find the instructions on performing the factory reset here.

How can I factory reset my Arlo SmartHub or base station

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Barney999 wrote:

Do both of you have live feed on laptops (W10)   .

I do.

There was an issue with my work laptop timing out with livefeeds a few weeks ago, but that resolved (no idea why).  Normally I use Edge. 

Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice
Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice

Truly strange all of this especially as Arlo says it cant happen without Safari yet you have it and I have seen it but cant get it now . Will try a factory reset and get back with results after the weekend .

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Barney999 wrote:

Truly strange all of this especially as Arlo says it cant happen without Safari

Whoever told you that gave you the wrong information.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Barney999

Just checking in on you, How did it go?

Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Shane , sorry dint get a moment to myself at the weekend but I will let you know what happens soon ! 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

No problem, thanks for the update.

Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Shane , I just got this out of the blue for the fourth time and have replied 3 times so far . Its from the same person saying the same thing again ......

Dear ++++,

Thank you for getting in touch with Arlo Europe support.

I am Rudy, your Arlo Support expert, working on this case 42822777 with you.

I hear you are having an issue with your Arlo livestream. I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue, but rest assured, we will get to the bottom of it.

in your case, to be able to view the live stream you will have to use another internet browser. Please download the browser ''Safari'' on the computer you are using, and you should normally be able to view the livestreams as they are in a different format which Google Chrome or other browsers cannot support.

So download the Safari browser > log in to my.arlo.com > Click on the camera you want to view. It should normally work fine.

I will await your response from the above so that we can discuss the next steps.

To send us a response to this message , please click on the “Update Case” button below Please do not use the reply button in your mail client.

Kind Regards,

Rudy

Arlo Europe support

To send a follow-up response, please click on the “Update Case” button below.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I'll pass this case to the team as you should be able to use another browser, not sure why that was explained like that.  thanks for letting me know. 

Were you able to do the reset? 

Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice

Not yet , hoping to do it soon though . As before I will let you know what happens .  Thanks  for your help .

Retired_Member
Not applicable
I have had same issue but only on the app on phone (iOS). Computers work fine and I also have Norton running. No issues on laptops seeing live feed or anything else.
Retired_Member
Not applicable
I am having exactly the same issue for the past week or two. No live feed on the app (iOS) but can see live feed on laptop. The doorbell camera which is wired works fine on live feed but not my battery cameras. My cameras are also recording fine but not giving live. I reset the hub and that worked but it only lasted a couple of days and then stopped. I hope someone finds a solution. I have had one problem after another with these cameras and I’m never buying another Arlo product.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Retired_Member

Are you able to live stream if you disable Norton?

Retired_Member
Not applicable
I can livestream with Norton on my laptop (Firefox browser) with no issues. Haven’t tried without Norton. And I deleted my hub and reinstalled it a few minutes ago. I had to re-add my cameras back but now the live feed works on the app. But take note- I tried last weekend to reset the hub which also got the live feed working but it only lasted a couple of days. So that being said….we will see how this goes.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Retired_Member

Thanks for the update. Please keep me posted on the results. 

Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Shayne , ok here are the results of factory reset inc removing hub from account etc also removed cams on that hub out of desperation and retried with Edge , Chrome , Opera and guess what .....still cant get live feed on the 2 laptops .   The alerts on my phone are working much better though !!!!   Got to find a blinking ladder to reconnect the others cams too but that doesn't help either of us find a solution or does it ?   Look forward to your reply , Bear .

Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Shayne further to my reply that I just posted maybe I should have also said the live feed is and always has been "timed out"  its as if it nearly connects as when timed out appears it leave a pic of present time behind the words . I looked on this forum at timed out problems on live feed and it seems I am not alone . I have very strong signal between the various components  as have others it seems ......https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Can-t-live-stream-the-request-timed-out-Have-good-internet-...    

Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Shayne ,   I really cant believe this , I was just having a look at my library and clicked on the live stream and it works !  I have 2 hubs and had only reset 1 of them a few days ago but both are giving live stream . I cant believe it after all these months of trying to find out why it didn't work and it just happens . Clearly Arlo have done something as I haven't and it even works on Opera as well as Edge etc .  Lets hope it keeps working as I have heard from others it has been known to work for a few days then go on the fritz again . So will report back in a about a week on my findings . Maybe your feedback to them about the duff info from them helped ?    Either way thanks for your help so far  !  

Discussion stats
  • 68 Replies
  • 16 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation